Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: school question  (Read 831 times)

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 2
school question
« on: February 29, 2004, 07:13:12 PM »
Ok how do you go about finding a school and enroling an american child into the school.  The child will be coming over with her mom who will be marrying me, and I'm getting a little nervouse as to how you actually get a school and then go about enroling them.

Any advice would be wonderfull.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Re: school question
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 07:22:06 PM »
lol okay obviously zap and I were posting around the same time..I have the same question under parenting.....we arent meaning purposely to drive you all crazy!!!

Helena

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 07:45:08 PM »
Hi you two,  Do you know where you'll be living? If you do know do you want her to go to the school in your catchment area? If yes it's fairly easy, you just go to the school and register her. We brought our sons transcripts along with us but they really didn't need them, we didn't bring his passport or anything else. He's switching to a grammar school next year and for that he had to be tested before he was offered a place.(the catchment school wasnt the greatest ) BTW my son was 13 when we moved over and he's adjusted great to the british system, but the whole thing leaves me scrathhing my head :-/

Always saddle your own horse

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 12:53:13 PM »
My younger son's school asked for a copy of his passport/visa, but the older one's simply looked at his passport but didn't take a copy of it.  We brought their school records as well (along with their immunisation records!).

Be prepared, though, that the school in your catchement area might be oversubscribed and your child may end up going somewhere else.  This happened with our younger one.  And we were so close to the catchement school I could hear the kids outside during playtime from my back garden!  But the school he ended up in was still walking distance, so no big deal, really.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 06:41:01 PM »
This might help you, if these things bother you:-
  newcomer link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/league_tables/default.stm [nonactive]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab