Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 266877 times)

• Liked: 253
Re: Non-priority March April May
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2017, 08:36:29 PM »
Hello! I am a newbie here. Applied 29th March non-priority in New Delhi for a wifely spouse visa. Do you guys have a little space for me in your boat?  ;D

Hi hotglacier! You're definitely welcome to join us. The forum is primarily for US applicants so our timings will be a bit different than your's, but please feel free to commiserate with us on the pain of waiting nonetheless  ;D
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 55
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2017, 01:01:15 AM »
I applied for priority retroactively the same way that you would apply priority normally, but you have to send in the receipt to the Sheffield office so they know your application has been upgrade.

Thanks for your insight and all the information! I'm thinking of doing the same thing myself!...just a quick question...did you use this email to to send the priority to? visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk if not which email did you use??

Thanks again in adnvance :)
Met in U.K. September 2015
Engaged May 2016
Married March 2017 in USA
Biometrics May 16 2017
Sent application out May 19 2017
Acknowledgement Email from Sheffield May 24 2017
Upgraded Retroactively July 8

• Liked: 75
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2017, 03:35:38 AM »
I've decided to stay non-priority since the chance of a refusal is quite high and I'd rather that extra £550 be spent on plane tickets.
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2017, 05:06:59 AM »
I completely understand that mindset. I'm thinking after all this, I'm using a little nest egg for a small vacation (probably stay-cation) with my and my SO.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

• Liked: 75
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2017, 06:39:31 AM »
I completely understand that mindset. I'm thinking after all this, I'm using a little nest egg for a small vacation (probably stay-cation) with my and my SO.

That is brilliant! We had planned a family trip at the end of July but looks like we won't make it...so if my husband and kid can come over here for summer vacation, I'm definitely doing a stay-cation!
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

• Liked: 0
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2017, 06:52:57 AM »
Any threads for Indian applicants on Yankee?
Has anyone from US who applied later in March (non-priority) heard back?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2017, 07:18:02 AM »

Not on Yankee, no.  :) You can take a look here though.  https://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/

« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2017, 04:54:19 PM »
That is brilliant! We had planned a family trip at the end of July but looks like we won't make it...so if my husband and kid can come over here for summer vacation, I'm definitely doing a stay-cation!

Yeah, it all depends on what's near you, but there's a natural history museum and a couple ruins near our flat that we never got around to seeing. Or (my personal favourite) the town we went to uni in has a new crepe shop that my friend keeps posting pictures of, and I'd love to go on a date there.

• Liked: 17
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2017, 05:05:16 PM »
Has anyone from US who applied later in March (non-priority) heard back?

From US and Sheffield received documents end of March *raising my hand*
Still haven't heard back :(

• Liked: 0
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2017, 06:56:52 PM »
From US and Sheffield received documents end of March *raising my hand*
Still haven't heard back :(

We can cry on each other's shoulder. Let's follow each other for updates. Although, you are from US and I am Indian. Our timelines would be different. Hopefully, not so much though

• Liked: 94
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2017, 07:10:34 PM »
Uh-oh, we used one e-bank statement that we printed and didn't certify this time around. However, I sent in a letter from DH's employer, every single page of his contract, and pay slips plus corresponding bank statements (every single page in color!) for the past six months. From my rejection letter the two things I was missing were bank statements and a letter from his employer. If I had sent those in we would have been approved despite him not having had a job for six months.

I'm super bummed because we had planned a surprise vacation for the kids in July and it looks like we'll miss it. I didn't want to mess around my kid's school year but now I wish I had...this is just ridiculous.

Hi I know you wrote this while ago but I was just curious my husband and I are going the income route him n our daughters have been living there since january so that they can settle there and then the only thing missing is me also he has a better support system there for our daughters he would of worked the full 6 months by the end of july but he would have 6 paystubs by the end of june since his boss was nice enough to give him januarys pay for the full month even though he had been there only 1 week so would we be able to file sooner in july? We were nervous that since it would be before the full 6 months settled and employed there they may refuse it for that reason and im trying to get there before september 25 as its my daughters 2nd birthday and I don't want to miss it though if I can't file till the end of july its looking like I may since I keep seeing priority is pointless for prior refusals. I refused back in 2012 for the application was incomplete because we had filed outdated paperwork since the laws had just changed to the new one in place today and we were not aware at the time.
So yes basically could we file sooner even though he hasnt worked the full 6 months by a few weeks? And is priority a possibility for me? I just want to get to my family as quick as I can
Thanks

« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »
Hi KH3PP3125,

First, welcome to the thread!

Second, you need six months of payslips. Each needs to meet or be over £1,550 before tax. Do not file before you meet that criteria. When you hit submit, you need to have all your paperwork in hand at that point.

I would file as soon as you have all six months of payslips and the corresponding bank statements. The latest of both need to be dated within 28 days of when you hit 'submit' on your application.

Third, you can apply for priority even though you have been refused. UKVI does suggest that you don't, but that just seems to be so they can keep their turnover rates high and previously refused applicants do take longer to process. I haven't seen anyone on here who was refused and signed up for priority get an email from UKVI after-the-fact saying that they couldn't do priority.

Best advice is: post a list of all your paperwork in a separate thread so the people on here can check it over for you and send it off when you've got everything 100% correct.

I know it doesn't help with being their for your little girl, but it's better to be safe than sorry

• Liked: 94
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2017, 07:42:48 PM »
So he would have his 6 month payslip in june we were just going to wait till the end of july cause then he would of been working there for 6 months since he didnt start till the end of january so would filing in the beginning of july work then? And i was visiting them one last time at the end of june since I dont know when ill be back and my husband and I were going to go through the forms together and fill them out and gather all our evidence needed that way I can take everything back with me and when it comes to filing I just have to fill in the blanks. So I will get all the bank statements then from him but if they have to be within 28 days and I don't file till the 24th of july for past the anniversary of him working there for 6 months so then he would probably have to send me the bank statements right?
And his paystubs have been higher than that he also has gotten a pay increase and bonus since he bagan so we have the income covered its just hiccups with me in the past slowing down my paperwork which is making me nervous. I have one prior visa refusal and one prior refused entry but i complied didnt fight it and didnt return till this year where they questioned me and have let me in since so im hoping that wont be to much of an issue and I have all the paperwork they gave me then for my refusal so I was planning on sending it in we are trying to make sure were honest about everything that way it doesnt hold it up I also had an unpaid hospital bill from 2010 in the uk but we paid that just this month so it doesnt cause any issues it was less than the 500 pounds though but just in case its good now
Anyways thank you im just very nervous and I can't imagine what i'll do if were refused.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2017, 07:48:46 PM »
He has to have worked for his company for 6 full calendar months.

If he started work January 1 you could apply on July 1 and not one day sooner. If you apply before 6 months you will not meet the requirements. They are very particular about the requirements. You tick all the boxes you will get your visa. 🙂
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2017, 07:57:11 PM »
Like Lyonaria said, I would file at the end of July just to be safe and apply priority. UKVI are very particular.

Also make sure that he has a letter from his employer (also dated within 28 days of your application) that explains: what type of employment he has (FT/PT/Permanent/etc), his annual salary, the date of the start of his employment and some other things.

Regarding the bank statements, the July bank statement will have to have a deposit of his July payslip on it.

For example, my SO gets paid on the 28th of every month. I had to wait until the 28th to make sure that his latest payslip was on the latest bank statement.

Your husband might have to mail them to you, which is par for the course with what I had to go through. I had a huge envelope of paperwork mailed to me from my SO.

Also, make sure that they are either the original bank statements; or if you have copies, that they are stamped (on every page) by the bank or accompanied by a letter from the bank manager. You might need to order the original statements from your bank so that's something you'd need to tell the bank in advance.

On the refusal, you do have to report that on your application, and I would definitely put that paperwork in your application this time. Also for the future applications, make a copy of those refusals for your own personal record. You will need them for other visa applications.

I have no idea about the unpaid hospital bill as I have never been hospitalised (knock on wood) so I don’t know how to handle it.

Again, I would make a separate thread for this stuff because the fantastic people on this forum will give you super detailed answers. The people on here are wonderful and will try to help as much as possible.

Sponsored Links