Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Airport Live  (Read 952 times)

• Liked: 3
Airport Live
« on: June 21, 2013, 11:40:47 AM »
We're a programme behind on this, watching the recording the following day.

I'm a bit of a sucker for these type of "behind the scenes" programmes and think this has been really interesting.

The one we watched last night (which was Wednesday's) they were showing how they transport animals, the seperate area of the hold which is kept at the same temp as the main cabin. But there were 2 dogs being loaded on a flight to New York who were going to The Hamptons for 3 months! This is the 3rd year they've done that round trip. That is someone with a serious amount of money!
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Liked: 4985
Re: Airport Live
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »
I watched all week.  While it wasn't the most exciting program, I definitely learned.

And I was excited when they showed where the pets go.  I moved my cats over when I came and was told they were in a seperate, heated area, but it was interesting to see.  Considering each of their "seats" in the cargo hold were more expensive than my seat in the cabin.

How cool would it be to get to play around in the A380 simulator?

I wish that they had done a bit more on some other aspects of the airport.  I would love to see a camera attached to a passenger's bag and see the journey it goes on to get onto the airplane.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 03:02:10 PM »

How cool would it be to get to play around in the A380 simulator?

I wish that they had done a bit more on some other aspects of the airport.  I would love to see a camera attached to a passenger's bag and see the journey it goes on to get onto the airplane.

Oh yes, would love to go on that simulator.

Agree about other areas as well, like you say the bags, or anywhere else backstage, as it were, in the terminals. Although a few years ago I did see a documentary filmed at Chicago O'Hare that showed a lot of that including what happens with the bags.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 11:51:57 PM »
Dh & I both watched it we both really liked it very informative.

Sponsored Links