Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Work Searches in Fiance Visa Application  (Read 628 times)

• Liked: 0
Work Searches in Fiance Visa Application
« on: November 14, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »
Hello...just a quick question this time:

I wanted to show my employability...I'm including my CV, diploma, university transcripts, letters of recommendation from previous employers...I've also been printing off job ads online that I could apply for were I legally able to work...I just wanted to know how many to include.  I've got way too many, I think...enough to fill a binder on their own. :)  Should I just choose a few of the better ones to include?  What's the usual?  10?  20?  100?  Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I have no idea what amount would be appropriate here, and I don't want to send more than I should.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Work Searches in Fiance Visa Application
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:31:31 PM »
I will be very interested to see the replies to the post...especially because I didn't include any of that in my fiance visa.  I didn't think to since it's not a working visa! Good job for being so prepared!!!  Sorry I'm not really helping you though Good luck!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »
I didn't include any, just my transcripts and CV.   

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 03:47:57 PM »
It depends.  If your spouse/fiance can support you without you working, you don't need to send anything.

Vicky

• My blog!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:51:59 PM »
It depends.  If your spouse/fiance can support you without you working, you don't need to send anything.

Does my CV need to be in colour?  [Sorry, couldn't resist]
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Banned

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:53:15 PM »

*snigger

• My Blog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »

Sounds like something I would ask...right up there with asking if I needed to trim my passport photo. *giggle*

Walkersgirl, I only included my CV, copy of degree certificate, and a letter from a potential employer stating what I could possibly earn once I was eligible to work...but as some have pointed out, it may be unnecessary since it is for a fiance visa and you won't be eligible to work anyway. Personally, I wouldn't go overboard...it just adds to the weight of your parcel which then adds more postage. Is your fiance able to support the two of you on just his wages?
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 11:59:32 PM »
I included my resume (American-style) and a letter of recommendation from my most recent employer.  That's all; just enough to show I'm employable, valued, and capable.  (No copies of my college diploma or anything written about how much money I made.)

Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 05:11:00 AM »
I applied for a spousal visa and neither I nor my husband is currently employed.  I only provided his CV and print-offs of about 6 jobs in his field that showed salary and description.  I didn't include my CV at all as it's pretty useless, haha.  I should note, however, that I provided two pretty extensive budgets in addition to show that we could support ourselves on the salary he'll probably be receiving.
10/12/08: Completed and submitted online application for UK spousal visa
10/14/08: Biometrics done (as a walk-in a day early)
10/15/08: Visa application package sent to courier overnight
10/16/08: Application received by courier and delivered to Chicago consulate
10/20/08: Called courier to ask about delays, told it was approved!!
10/21/08: Visa in hand.  Date issued 10/18/08
11/19/08: Flight to Leeds!
3/18/14: Checking service appointment for naturalisation
4/19/14: Naturalisation approved
5/15/14: Citizenship ceremony

• Banned

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
You also has $17k in savings!  I would say that the evidence that he would get employment before the savings ran out was very important, but as walkersgirl hasn't told us more about her situation we don't know if the same applies.

Vicky

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 02:53:14 PM »
We've been given $16,000.  We've used that to pay for our expenses ahead of time.  We've rented a new townhouse that's been paid for up through the end of April.  I have about $6,000 remaining in my checking account, and my fiance has about 800 pounds in his.  I am also in the process of selling my car, which is worth about $3,500.  My fiance is receiving disability benefits, so I need to show that I not only have enough money to support us both while I'm on the fiance visa but also will be able to find work once I've been granted the spousal visa.

Anyway...I just wanted to know how many to send.  Does anyone have any idea?  Please help; this is very important to me.  I'm afraid that if I send too many, they might be offended/overwhelmed and not really look at them, and if I send too few, I might not be able to prove that I am employable.

Thanks so much.

[Edited to add that I will also be including two budgets...one showing that we will be able to live on our savings easily for six months on the fiance visa..and one showing how we will live on my projected earnings once I am able to work on the spousal visa.]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:58:57 PM by walkersgirl »

• Banned

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 03:21:30 PM »
One, five, none...pick a number.  This is not as important as you think, so just do whatever makes you happy.  They can't refuse you because you send too many documents, and, as I have said, you have enough money to mean that they will probably only give them a cursory glance anyway.

Vicky

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »
Oh, that's wonderful to hear!  I've been worrying about the money, since neither of us is working.  We've been told that we just need to show that we can support ourselves until I can legally get a job, and we have more than enough to meet the 94 pound/week standard.  I still worry, though; it's difficult not to worry when going through this, even when everyone says it will be all right.

Thanks so much everyone!

*Hoping so much that I'll make it home in time for Christmas*

Sponsored Links