Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: LA Courior & Spousal Visa  (Read 1099 times)

• my baby loves sand
  • Liked: 0
LA Courior & Spousal Visa
« on: November 16, 2008, 08:44:23 PM »
This January i am going to be applying for my Spouse visa. When i applied for my Fiancee visa i had used a courier i was not very happy with (for those curious Internation passport and visa). SO this time around i am looking for a new courier that people have had a good experience with.

Also my husband and i are trying to collect everything we have for the visa, and we want to make sure we are on the right track.

• Both birth certificates, my pasport, and our marriage licence.

all our bank statements for up to a year where needed, which is about 148,000 ish dollars.

I am trying to get about 3 letters saying I'm worth employing/ hard worker from people i did a lot of volunteer work with and 1 employer. Then a letter from someone whose thinking of employing me.

we have a budget- On this we have a couple things paid for because my husband is on indefinite disability and the things that are paid for he would get weather i was here or not. we pay 495 for rent monthly (which is payed by the council) Our council tax is about 900ish but is paid for.
    Other then that we pay
    £8 phone
    £40 internet
    £108 gas and electric for 4 months (that was what the last bill was could be higher this month due to the winter)
    £11.62 for TV per month
    £25.46 for water per month
    £200 for food per month at the very most

we will be showing out paper bills for a lot of this.

A letter from Husband saying ill be staying with him as his wife, and about his disability stuff.

All the supporting documents to prove hes on disability

Wedding photos and other from before the wedding.

Documents from when i was bounced from the country and the documents form when we got our fiancee visa. And our COA documents as well.

All our documents for the flat we live in, and a letter from them saying that I'm ok to live here.

This is all i can think of so far, i just feel as if i am missing something.

Thank you

Mrs Lit

approved ILR 19th of April 2011
Baby Huw Kenneth Ray born June 19 2010

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: LA Courior & Spousal Visa
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 09:32:30 PM »
Do you have evidence of savings?  And a copy fo your husband's passport.

Vicky

• my baby loves sand
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »

all our bank statements for up to a year where needed, which is about 148,000 ish dollars.

this is what is in 3 accounts
1 his and mine joint account its savings in the UK
2 are mine that are savings only in the US

I have YEARS of bank statements for mine filed away in the US, and we are going to HSBC to get a years worth of statements from the joint after we deposit the last of my US checking into his account. I don't want to close that account but if theres not any money in it is it worth showing to them?

I can get a copy of his passport, Since it is a Brit passport do i need to get it notarized here in the UK or can i take it to one in the US?

• Banned

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 09:54:38 PM »
You don't need more than the last three months of bank statements. And if you have $148k, you don't need letters from previous or potential employers.

If you are sending his original birth certificate you only need a copy fo his passport.  It doesn't need to be notorised.

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »
but would sending more, ease the process? (i am the husband)

• my baby loves sand
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »
I think I'm with my husband on the more is better idea, definitely on the letters from employment. I just wouldnt want them to have any doubt about me getting a job etc.  Isnt is better to have every base covered just in case?

Also should I add a CV?

• Banned

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »
You have $148,000 in savings.  No one will care if you are employable or not.  And a year of bank statments is overkill, they won't want to look at them.

More is not always better.  More is often superfluous. In this case, your CV could say that you are a high flying city lawyer or a circus juggler, it will make no difference.

Vicky

• my baby loves sand
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 10:51:20 PM »
Alright, Ill just send the letters and about 3 months on the big account and 6 of his  since its changed to both names etc.

I think ill take the city lawyer :D

On the courier bit, We are only planning on being in the US till the end of February, I plan on getting to LA in the Frost week we are in the US to drop it off, and pay extra to try and get it sooner. Do you think it is with in reason to get it that quickly?

Thanks for the help Vicky you are quite marvelous.

• Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »
I thought you were in the UK on a fiancee visa?

Vicky

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 12:18:08 AM »
she is on the 'Visit for Marriage' visa at the moment. We got married in July.

• my baby loves sand
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 01:12:54 AM »
On a side note, I am looking at what visa i do need to apply for. Honestly its rather confusing (hence why I'm on visit for marriage not the other one) There are so many acronyms and different names for the same thing I'm not really sure what one i should be looking at.  I think i need the (VAF 4 - Settlement) paperwork but I'm not totally sure here.

Also when they ask for my address do i need to put my American address or the one that i live in currently with my hunny in the UK?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:16:39 AM by mrslit »

• Banned

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 10:52:35 AM »
Ah, thanks.

It is the guidance ofr the spousal visa that you need.  And you write the answers as if you are in the US, remembering that you were only int he UK as a visitor.

Vicky

• my baby loves sand
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »
Where can I find this "guidance for the spouse visa"?

and thank you again

I was reading the VAF4 and they were asking where my spouse/sponsor is, if i am thing right when they ask where is he and when did you last see him, do i literary write, the day that i will send in my app, and that he has traveled to America with me so we can go on our rather late honeymoon?

Anyone on the LA courior thing?

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 01:26:23 AM »
The only help I can give here is a recommendation for an LA courier: Visas ASAP (http://visasasap.net/).  I recently used them for my entry clearance and they were excellent!  Great communication :)

• Banned

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »
Sorry, MrsLit, but have you looked at the relevant websites and looked through this forum for this info?  It is all out there.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab