Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advice for UK-Yankee regarding BUNAC and T5  (Read 530 times)

Advice for UK-Yankee regarding BUNAC and T5
« on: November 18, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »
At the F&G committee tonight, I (again) raised the issue that the US has been excluded from T5 and that BUNAC was being unplugged with no replacement.

Personally, I always thought BUNAC was a bit of a dodge; but the kids enjoyed it, and the program did no real harm to the integrity of our borders, and it was important that young people get to see our way of life.

The Chair advised that the best thing to do at this point to speed things along is to take up a congressional campaign. 

I have no knowledge of how that works in the US and am incompetent to lead on it.  But if there are committed organizers, then get a campaign going and I can try to connect it up on this side of the pond.

• Liked: 0
Re: Advice for UK-Yankee regarding BUNAC and T5
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 05:39:06 AM »
if i had any clue as how to help, i'd work my tushy off. but i'm very clueless. i'll research... i'm good at that : )

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Advice for UK-Yankee regarding BUNAC and T5
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 07:06:18 AM »
From a grass roots perspective, Garry, similiar to the UK in the sense that the best people to address (and really the only ones who will listen to you).

Using the address where you live or a registered to vote (for those of us over here), you should have one Representative and two Senetors who you can write to.

You can find your Representative here:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

You can find your Senetors here:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Written letters are actually more effective in the States, and you will usually get a written response (lots of times just a boiler plate "I take note of your feeling on this issue.") and the kind of "cool" thing is that their signature in the top right corner of the envelope works as postage in the US!

Also, just to add, I am also not the right person to take this one up either, but just wanted to provide some help or advice to other on how to kick it off.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab