Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: where can i get more information on getting a work visa or student visa  (Read 552 times)

• Aradia Dreams
  • Liked: 0
i was on this site a few months ago and some of the regulars may remember me, i was the girl who wanted to live in england with her boyfriend but we didnt want to get married. well a lot has changed since then and my bf and i decided that we want to get married when i move over there which will be sometime at the end of of 2006.  but i really want to move to england on a work visa cause i heard that you have to live in england for a year before you can work and i dont want to wait a year. i hate sitting around, doing nothing. in january im starting the job corps program, which is kinda like a boarding school college thing. i will live there and they will help me get a better education and teach me good job skills that will come in handy for the rest of my life. anyways im just looking for a good site for some information on obtaining a work or student visa, the student visa is because i might be able to transfer from the job corps center to something in england,  i dont even know if i can actually do that, thats why i need some info. so can anyone help me out? also if your confused, im sorry

Re: where can i get more information on getting a work visa or student visa
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 01:20:16 AM »
this is a good place to start

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/visas.asp

• Aradia Dreams
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:56:58 AM »
thnx a bunch

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 07:33:35 AM »
You don't have to wait a year before you start working.  The only requirement is that you are married and have your FLR visa (which you get after the wedding).  If you're here on a fiance visa, you can't work, but you can do like I did and come over on that visa and then get married within a couple weeks.  I was working within a month of arriving in the UK.

• Aradia Dreams
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 07:29:14 PM »
ok, i didnt know that.  im trying to find out if i would be able to move over on a student visa, cause they can work part time. but since this job corps program im going to be in is a government funded school, i dunno.  i think that when i go there in january, im gonna have to start asking about it.

Sponsored Links