Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How did your dog take the flight/move?  (Read 10564 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: How did your dog take the flight/move?
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2005, 08:43:11 PM »
Hi Calle,

No, you are OK, by ship you are correct, no worries - wow what an exciting way to go!  As I only ship by air and I forget about sea as I don't get involved with that.

Have a terrific trip
Jane
Thank you so much Jane  :)
I would not seek the desert, or red palaces.Where reigns the sun, nor sail to magic isles......
For here is heartsease still, and deep content.
The Elves here holy and immortal dwell, and on the stones and trees there lies a spell.       J.R.R. Tolkien

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2005, 09:19:33 PM »
Karen,

I'll go over the paperwork with you if you call me this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  In the meantime may I suggest you talk to Sally Smith, my friend at Airborne Animals, tel 908 684 1844 e-mail sally.cpe@worldnet.att.net .  She has a horrible answering machine system but she's worth waiting for.  Please tell her Jane says to take care of you.  I've know Sally about 15-16 years and she is extremely professional and very reliable. 
Jane

Jane,

Where is Tarzan?

You can reach me at seagoddess@bytheshore.com. Thanks for the contact to Sally.

I'm on vacation. You can call me and I won't pick up the phone.

Lubs,
Karen
"The artist is not a person endowed with free will who seeks his own ends, but one who allows art to realize its purposes through him. As a human being he may have moods and a will and personal aims, but as an artist he is 'man' in a higher sense - he is 'collective man', a vehicle and molder of the unconscious psychic life of mankind"
--Carl Jung

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2005, 10:32:27 PM »
I'm working on some Guidelines with some valuable information.  It is only a draft and far from completion but its a start.

http://www.lonestarbrit.com/UKPETGUIDE.doc

Jane

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2005, 12:57:25 AM »
I'm working on some Guidelines with some valuable information.  It is only a draft and far from completion but its a start.http://www.lonestarbrit.com/UKPETGUIDE.doc
Jane

Jane,

It's looking good to me.

Karen
"The artist is not a person endowed with free will who seeks his own ends, but one who allows art to realize its purposes through him. As a human being he may have moods and a will and personal aims, but as an artist he is 'man' in a higher sense - he is 'collective man', a vehicle and molder of the unconscious psychic life of mankind"
--Carl Jung

• Hi there.
    • Trophy Pet Foods
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2005, 07:32:11 AM »
wow!! Great information, Jane-thank you.

I was told by BA World Cargo that the tick and tapeworm must be done within 24-48 hrs of the ARRIVAL time in London, not the actual flight time. Is this correct??? It doesn't sound right, but the lady has been doing this for 20 years!!
"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included."-Steven Wright

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2005, 03:51:15 PM »
No, tick and tape is most definitely 24-48 before flight time.  Check on the Defra website - it is quite clear.

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2005, 12:36:37 AM »
Jane,
thank you again for all the help and the guide you are putting together.

I was wondering if I will need the "enrollment" papers for my dog's microchip?  It's a Home Again.  And if anyone else has their chip through this company, beware, they were recently bought out.  So I had to call to find out the check I sent months ago was never used to enroll my dog in the "new" system.  I had to mail the carbon copy of my old check and they switched it over (apparently that is - I'm still awaiting a confirmation).

But I was wondering is this all necessary?  My vet did all the microchiping.  I was under the impression my enrollment is for the benefit of the dog if he gets lost, but not required as part of my entry into the UK.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you,
Grant

The world we have created is a product of our thinking;
it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
                                                        ‹ Albert Einstein

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2005, 01:13:21 AM »
Grant, read my weblink - it is definitely required - proof of microchip date right.  Call your vet and ask him if he kept a copy of the registration application form, a long blue/white form - if not you should still have it!

I have the numbers for CAR IF YOU NEED THEM
jANE

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2005, 09:19:19 AM »
My "babies" arrived safe and sound last Thursday.  We used Ladyhaye and had no problems.  They were only travelling from Geneva, Switzerland, but it was still an all day affair.  They left at 10am and arrived at my door at 8pm.  Very long day for what is only a 1 hour flight for humans.  I still don't understand why BA isn't an authorized carrier out of Geneva.  We chose to use a service basically because I was terrified of making a mistake.  It cost about $1000 for the cat and dog...airfare and everything.  Ladyhaye was great at telling us exactly what we were suppose to do.  We filled out all the paperwork, checked them into SwissCargo, and then flew to London to wait.    I would highly recommend them.  It really took a lot of the stress out of the process.  You have to go through basically the same problems in Switzerland since they aren't EU, only your pets get this really cute Swiss passport that makes them "officially" capable of travelling anywhere in the EU provided you do that flea/tape thing everytime you come back.

And someone told me pets were easier than children....children grow up, my pets will always be my "babies"!

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2005, 09:39:13 AM »
And someone told me pets were easier than children....children grow up, my pets will always be my "babies"!

LOL! So true! And we love them as much as if they were children, don't we?

I'm very glad your two are safe and sound and where they belong (with you). I know it was a long day for them, but they'll forgive you soon. ;)
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2005, 07:54:39 PM »
i arrived in london on the 8th with my dog.  everything went smoothly.  hes a little chihuahua and is really scared of everything so i was really worried. he did great from what we could tell. he is acting a bit strange living and adjusting to a new place though, im sure hell get better.  we flew from houston to gatwick through continental airlines. let me know if you have any questions.
married my husband and moved to england sept 2005, moved back to USA sept 2008

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2005, 08:22:16 PM »
I was wondering if I will need the "enrollment" papers for my dog's microchip? It's a Home Again. And if anyone else has their chip through this company, beware, they were recently bought out. So I had to call to find out the check I sent months ago was never used to enroll my dog in the "new" system. I had to mail the carbon copy of my old check and they switched it over (apparently that is - I'm still awaiting a confirmation).

i know what your saying here. just wanted to say that my dogs chip was the avid eurochip and i never called to register it. i do think that this is an optional thing, something you would do for its safety if it got lost (though i dont think it would even be valid over seas). i think in this case, for PETS, the microchip is just used for an identification number for the pet. the only thing you will need is an official microchip certificate from your vet. (mine was also stamped by the state when i went to get everything stamped).

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2005, 12:49:28 AM »
the offical microchip certificate?  like the receipt?  the USDA stamped the rabbies certivicate from the vet which had the micro number on it.
is that what you mean?

The world we have created is a product of our thinking;
it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
                                                        ‹ Albert Einstein

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2005, 12:58:45 AM »
well what i mean is, my vet filled out a certificate they had for his microchip, not just the receipt. not really sure if this is required as your vet does write on the third country certificate that the animal was microchipped.  the point was that im sure they would be looking for something like that over whether or not the microchip is registered.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2005, 08:16:06 AM »
I was wondering if I will need the "enrollment" papers for my dog's microchip?  It's a Home Again.  And if anyone else has their chip through this company, beware, they were recently bought out.  So I had to call to find out the check I sent months ago was never used to enroll my dog in the "new" system.  I had to mail the carbon copy of my old check and they switched it over (apparently that is - I'm still awaiting a confirmation).

(Sorry for the slight hijack)
Hi, Grant! My cat is microchipped with a Home Again chip. We did this going on three years now. I didn't realise they'd been bought out. Do you think I need to do anything? Is my cat's microchip number still on file with them? Do they have a new name and contact info?
(hijack over ... thanks for indulging me :) )
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab