Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advice would be greately appreciated  (Read 634 times)

• Liked: 0
Advice would be greately appreciated
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »
Hello All

I've been lurking sometime. I am American, been in England for a year on a work Visa.

This is a work visa related question (sorry mod if I am posting this on the wrong place).

But I am in a bit of a trouble. I have a 5 year work visa and I resigned my job. I understand that I have something like 28 days before I need to leave England.

However, I have another UK based company who is interested in employing me. How easy is it for them to bring me aboard? Do they have to apply for a new Visa for me and HOW LONG will this take? I heard that since I am already here, and I have a National Insurance Number, it helps to expedite things?

Can it be done in 28 days, or am I in trouble? Please, any insight would greately be appreciated.

Many thanks to all

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Advice would be greately appreciated
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 12:39:59 PM »
The idea that you have 28 days to leave or make a fresh application is not true.  The application must be made as soon as possible, but as long as you don't work illegally, leave the UK, and the Home Office don'rt curtail your leave, you have time.  I usually use a benchmark of three months, but have known people not get the new job for 6 months and still be okay.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 10:15:13 PM »
Thank you Victoria, many thanks

Does this mean I can still stay here even after 28 days while my new company starts the process for sponsoring my work permit? Or do I still need to exit the country at the end of 28 days?

Also I heard that once the new company starts the application process, I am ok???

Thanks

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 11:06:05 PM »
I think people need to stop listening to things that they 'hear'.

As I said, as long as the Home O
as long as you don't work illegally, leave the UK, and the Home Office don'rt curtail your leave, you have time. 

That means that you are still considered to be in the UK legally as long as you don't work OR leave the UK.

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:03:52 AM »
Thanks Vicky

I am in much better position than I originally thought.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab