Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What food are you craving right now?  (Read 152158 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: What food are you craving right now?
« Reply #1140 on: August 18, 2017, 10:20:52 AM »
I think I might be the only person (or - at least - American) who is not a fan of velveeta.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 768
« Reply #1141 on: August 18, 2017, 10:21:54 AM »
I think I might be the only person (or - at least - American) who is not a fan of velveeta.
Lol. I didn't eat Velveeta for YEARS! Now all of a sudden I have to have it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1142 on: August 18, 2017, 10:32:17 AM »

Nope, not the only one.  I've probably had Velveeta once or twice in my life and I think it's  [smiley=puke.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #1143 on: August 18, 2017, 10:46:06 AM »
I would really like a medianoche right now!

I hate to say this again, but what the heck are you talking about?  Medianoche doesn't even sound American. 

« Reply #1144 on: August 18, 2017, 10:48:04 AM »

Me too, the only time I ever bought it was in a spray can to taunt my visiting French relatives. They were furious at the very idea.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1145 on: August 18, 2017, 10:54:16 AM »
I hate to say this again, but what the heck are you talking about?  Medianoche doesn't even sound American.

It's not. It's Cuban!  I lived in Miami for 6 years, so Cuban food became a staple in my life.
It's a panini like sandwich. You have a sweetish/egg bread like challah/brioche, smother with yellow mustard, add ham, sliced roasted pork, swiss cheese, and thin dill pickles and squash and cook.  Named because it was typically served in clubs after midnight (soak up the mojitos! :-D)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1146 on: August 18, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »
Nope, not the only one.  I've probably had Velveeta once or twice in my life and I think it's  [smiley=puke.gif]

haha we just never used it in my house. We've always used American and Cheddar cheese.  I am super picky about my cheese and I feel weird about cheese in a can as well as cheese in a block that I can get off a shelf haha
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #1147 on: August 18, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »
Me too, the only time I ever bought it was in a spray can to taunt my visiting French relatives. They were furious at the very idea.

hah I literally hate when people over here talk about "American cheese" being orange spray-can cheese or like the "kraft singles" type cheese in a packet. I am like i absolutely do not eat those.....
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1148 on: August 18, 2017, 11:14:10 AM »
I'm trying not to ask her to bring me too much because she is quite "difficult". Lmfao. I don't know how else to describe her. Love her so much but she gets quite testy if you inconvenience her.

Just remind her how inconvenient she was when you had to carry her around constantly for nine months as all she did was double in size every couple of weeks.  ::)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #1149 on: August 18, 2017, 11:25:36 AM »
Just remind her how inconvenient she was when you had to carry her around constantly for nine months as all she did was double in size every couple of weeks.  ::)
She is 17. Coming over with her girlfriend to celebrate her 18th birthday with me. That kind of guilt doesn't work on her. Lol

But I've learned to ignore the complaining and focus on the positive side of life and she usually does as I ask.

If it was something important like my medication  (she will have to bring that too) she wouldn't complain. But food stuffs... she thinks is ridiculous.

I'm disappointed for her though as she is missing Glasgow Pride by a weekend. She did get to do Sydney Pride with her older sister earlier in the year so maybe that makes up for it.

« Reply #1150 on: August 18, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
Lol. I didn't eat Velveeta for YEARS! Now all of a sudden I have to have it.

My family didn't get Velveeta when I was growing up, so I didn't know what to do with it for a long time.  Then I discovered that, while I didn't like Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, I did  like Velveeta Shells 'n Cheese.  And one day I got to thinking that the box kits are really pricey, but a bag of pasta shells and a block of Velveeta aren't.  So I bought some Velveeta.

On its own, it was underwhelming.  In fact, I don't like to just eat it.  I also don't like Kraft singles on their own. *shudder*  But they each have their limited uses for which I can't find a suitable replacement.

My husband will eat them both on their own even as he makes sure to tell me (every single time) that it's not cheese.  When he does this, I'm always, like, "I know!  That's why I don't eat it plain.  :P "

She is 17. Coming over with her girlfriend to celebrate her 18th birthday with me. That kind of guilt doesn't work on her. Lol

But I've learned to ignore the complaining and focus on the positive side of life and she usually does as I ask.

If it was something important like my medication  (she will have to bring that too) she wouldn't complain. But food stuffs... she thinks is ridiculous.

I'm disappointed for her though as she is missing Glasgow Pride by a weekend. She did get to do Sydney Pride with her older sister earlier in the year so maybe that makes up for it.

Oh, 17?  She's not "difficult"; she's just a teen.  You should ask the girlfriend to bring the foodstuffs. The social dynamics of you being her host (I assume they're staying with you) forbid her from giving you any grief about it, whereas your daughter isn't your guest, she's your daughter, so she can be as difficult as she wants to be.  :P

« Reply #1151 on: August 18, 2017, 11:47:02 AM »
It's not. It's Cuban!  I lived in Miami for 6 years, so Cuban food became a staple in my life.
It's a panini like sandwich. You have a sweetish/egg bread like challah/brioche, smother with yellow mustard, add ham, sliced roasted pork, swiss cheese, and thin dill pickles and squash and cook.  Named because it was typically served in clubs after midnight (soak up the mojitos! :-D)
I've had that here, in Las Iguanas.  It was a special on the lunch menu and really good.

« Reply #1152 on: August 18, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »
My family didn't get Velveeta when I was growing up, so I didn't know what to do with it for a long time.  Then I discovered that, while I didn't like Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, I did  like Velveeta Shells 'n Cheese.  And one day I got to thinking that the box kits are really pricey, but a bag of pasta shells and a block of Velveeta aren't.  So I bought some Velveeta.

On its own, it was underwhelming.  In fact, I don't like to just eat it.  I also don't like Kraft singles on their own. *shudder*  But they each have their limited uses for which I can't find a suitable replacement.

My husband will eat them both on their own even as he makes sure to tell me (every single time) that it's not cheese.  When he does this, I'm always, like, "I know!  That's why I don't eat it plain.  "

Oh, 17?  She's not "difficult"; she's just a teen.  You should ask the girlfriend to bring the foodstuffs. The social dynamics of you being her host (I assume they're staying with you) forbid her from giving you any grief about it, whereas your daughter isn't your guest, she's your daughter, so she can be as difficult as she wants to be. 
She's not staying with me. My flat is too wee. I had 2 of my kids staying with me in May when they came over for my wedding and it was horrible. Lol I can either have people or luggage in my flat but not both.

So she has a large flat to herself down in town through Airbnb then she is going to the Hebridean islands for a few days before she leaves.

I don't have a way to contact the girlfriend. So I'll just put in my request for Velveeta and see what happens.  Lol

Pics of me and my minis.

« Reply #1153 on: August 18, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »
She's not staying with me. My flat is too wee. I had 2 of my kids staying with me in May when they came over for my wedding and it was horrible. Lol I can either have people or luggage in my flat but not both.

So she has a large flat to herself down in town through Airbnb then she is going to the Hebridean islands for a few days before she leaves.

I don't have a way to contact the girlfriend. So I'll just put in my request for Velveeta and see what happens.  Lol

Pics of me and my minis.

Buncha beautiful people!  You guys make me sick.  ;)

« Reply #1154 on: August 18, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »
Buncha beautiful people!  You guys make me sick.  ;)
Lol. Thank you.  My son just got engaged. I think these two will make beautiful babies... hopefully no sooner than 10 years from now.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab