Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I cannot change my photo  (Read 2900 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 0
I cannot change my photo
« on: February 01, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »
For some reason, I can't change my photo in my forum profile. I try to upload my new photo, like I've done many times before, and it just goes blank. It's even deleted my former photo off of my profile. Any suggestions? Thanks.
We are a nation that has a government -- not the other way around. And this makes us special among the nations of the earth. Our government has no power except that granted to it by the people. It is time to check and reverse the growth of government, which shows signs of having grown beyond the consent of the governed.
Ronald Reagan

�In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.� - Thomas Jefferson

• Liked: 25
Re: I cannot change my photo
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 01:09:44 PM »
I was just able to change mine alright uploading a new one, perhaps it's a file or image size issue?

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »
Possibly related, but I noticed a few days ago that the upload link from user galleries wasn't working either. I just tried it again with the same result:  404 error on /gallery/upload.php

From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 02:02:28 PM »
Possibly related, but I noticed a few days ago that the upload link from user galleries wasn't working either. I just tried it again with the same result:  404 error on /gallery/upload.php

Shouldn't be related as they're two separate systems bridged, but thanks, I'll look at that this week.

• Banned

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 02:59:33 AM »
I'm still not able to upload my photo in the forum profile link and it's deleted my former photo that was there before. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or if there is a suggestion on how to fix it. Thank you.
We are a nation that has a government -- not the other way around. And this makes us special among the nations of the earth. Our government has no power except that granted to it by the people. It is time to check and reverse the growth of government, which shows signs of having grown beyond the consent of the governed.
Ronald Reagan

�In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.� - Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:43:20 AM »
I'm still not able to upload my photo in the forum profile link and it's deleted my former photo that was there before. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or if there is a suggestion on how to fix it. Thank you.

Yes.  Try resizing your photo.  That should do the trick. 

• Banned

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 11:48:17 PM »

Shouldn't be related as they're two separate systems bridged, but thanks, I'll look at that this week.

Was anything ever resolved about the gallery upload issue?   Just looked at it now and it's still showing that /gallery/upload.php doesn't exist.
From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Banned

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 01:21:52 AM »
Was anything ever resolved about the gallery upload issue?   Just looked at it now and it's still showing that /gallery/upload.php doesn't exist.

I've resized my photos and still can't post them on UKY, in my profile or gallery.
Ronald Reagan

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 01:12:05 PM »
I've resized my photos and still can't post them on UKY, in my profile or gallery.

The actual filesize of the avatar on the server is 0kb, it is just not uploading. It seems isolated to your end though, there have been dozens of attachments and avatars uploaded successfully in the past few days. I have set your profile to no avatar to try to kick it. If disabling your firewall does not solve the uploading issue, you can email the image to me and I can upload it for you, only takes a few secs. :)

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 01:16:40 PM »

The gallery upload was disabled as emergency measure as it had a security hole which was used to upload rogue file(s). I tested a new gallery recently that is more integrated and will import all of the gallery content, hopefully I can find free time next week to do that.

• Banned

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 01:31:17 PM »
The gallery upload was disabled as emergency measure as it had a security hole which was used to upload rogue file(s). I tested a new gallery recently that is more integrated and will import all of the gallery content, hopefully I can find free time next week to do that.

Ah. O.K., thanks.  I'd looked a couple of times recently as I had a whole batch of local photos that I thought might be of interest for the gallery. 

Just uploaded a new avatar on my profile and it worked fine for me too. 
From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

• Liked: 12
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 05:43:41 PM »

Just uploaded a new avatar on my profile and it worked fine for me too. 

Love it!
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »
hi, i have tried to upload a new photo but just get a blank screen that says done...?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:06:02 AM by english.bloke »

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 11:08:35 AM »

I see jw66 has managed to get her avatar uploaded, maybe she could share what her solution was?

hi, i have tried to upload a new photo but just get a blank screen that says done...?

Have you tried to either allow this domain to your trusted sites or temporarily disable your firewall? What browser are you using?

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 12:13:53 PM »
hi Leah, i added it to trusted sites but still no luck, im using internet expolorer. Does the site have an 'ugly filter' that may be blocking it.... :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:35:46 PM by english.bloke »

Sponsored Links