Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Can't get on UKY from home  (Read 3047 times)

• Liked: 4
Can't get on UKY from home
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:06:19 PM »
For some reason, I am unable to connect to UKY from my home. This is on two different computers (a Dell and a Mac) and on different browsers (Safari, IE, Firefox). I have cleared the cache, deleted cookies, etc. I am starting to wonder if my IP address is being blocked for some reason? Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Can't get on UKY from home
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »
Oh, yeah.  Forgot to tell you that you're banned.  Sorry.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:19:44 PM »

HAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »

I'm reporting you to mod!!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:24:37 PM »
For some reason, I am unable to connect to UKY from my home. This is on two different computers (a Dell and a Mac) and on different browsers (Safari, IE, Firefox). I have cleared the cache, deleted cookies, etc. I am starting to wonder if my IP address is being blocked for some reason? Any help would be appreciated!

Is the page just not loading? Or are you unable to log on to your account? Are other pages not loading?
09/29/09--Visa Approved!
10/05/09--Leave for the UK!!!
06/15/12--Back in the US indefinitely...

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 11:28:58 PM »
All UKY pages are not loading. It's the only site I can't load.

• Heart...Captured
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »
Oh, yeah.  Forgot to tell you that you're banned.  Sorry.

LOL!

• Liked: 25
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 07:30:58 AM »

That's odd. When you say pages won't load, what do you actually get, unable to display page or an error? If your ip was banned, you'd get a message of some sort, access denied or something I would think. When was the last time you could access from home?

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 07:35:07 AM »
I get an "unable to connect" type screen that says it's taken too long to try to connect and had no response.

I really can't remember when I last was on since I was out of town starting on the 7th. I was trying to remember if I had been on since the big crash but I can't recall. I am fine getting on from work and the iPhone.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 07:49:18 AM »
Have you checked your firewall settings? Parental controls? Maybe something got turned on by mistake. Although it sounds like maybe it's just timing out for some reason.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 08:00:21 AM »
I was going to ask you to do a traceroute from the windows commandline but I can't quickly find a decent tutorial.

tracert www.uk-yankee.com

Will tell you how far down the path of internet hops to the server you're getting.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 08:08:03 AM »
I just tried accessing it via wireless on my iPhone and it hung again. But I can get on using my 3G service.

I will try that later today and send the results.

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 08:15:23 AM »
I'm not sure if this related but UKY is really slow for me today and some avatars & smilies are not loading and I sometimes get 'Internet Explorer Cannot Display this Page' notice and I just reload the page and it works...I've just started having this problem this morning...I've gone it cleaned out all the crud out of the Temp internet files & such, checked my security settings & then restarted my computer and still gettng the same result... :-\\\\

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 07:20:45 PM »
It's possible if the site is running slow that it's running backups, or something else.

I'm going to get dinner going and then post a how to do a tracert, pretty easy. I restarted the firewall which flushed all the temporary ip bans which is usually just port scanners. I've also checked the permanent ban list and it's only listing ip address that have tried to log in as server admin thousands of times.

I'd suggest restarting your internet connection/router/modem and reboot your computer, and see if that makes any difference. I often have to reboot my router because it's getting weird.

The tracert should show where the problem is though.

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 09:04:25 PM »
Here's a good video howto:

Start>Run

type in the box: cmd
Then hit [Enter] or OK

Type in the new commandline window:
Code: [Select]
tracert www.uk-yankee.com
Hit [Enter], and it will start running a trace on the hops across the internet. Let it complete.

To copy from the window, right click and select Mark.

Highlight the text to copy and right click again to do the copy to clipboard, it might seem to do nothing but does copy. It might give you a menu to select Copy, mine doesn't after it's been Marked.

Then if you could please paste it in a PM to me, I'll check it for anything odd.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:07:37 PM by Leah »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab