Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: settlement  (Read 3082 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: settlement
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 11:02:14 AM »
Hi again BUT WHEN I READ BRITISH CONSULATE IN NY IT SAID ( PLEASE NOTE HANDWRITTIN VISA APPLICATION FORMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED IN NEW YORK. ALL APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE) please advise me.
thanks for the help.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 11:06:11 AM »
You need to read through the site, but yes, you need to fill out the on-line application form.  You need to look at www.ukvisas.gov.uk or the NY consulate site to see what supporting documentation is needed. 

Vicky

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 11:21:42 AM »
thanks again, please my secand question is my wife she is in UK and went to her attorney to fill my application and he did, he did send me to sign and send to NY consular, so did i have to make copy and send that or i have to fill on line and make copy for new one.
thanks in advance.

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 11:31:58 AM »
any advice pls.

• Banned

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 11:51:19 AM »
I think if your wife is paying a legal representative to assist with the application that your questions should be addressed to him.  He may have had good reason to advise to make a paper application rather than an on-line application.

You also need to be patient when waiting for replies on here.  You waited 10 minutes before bumping your posts, and you must realise that this is not enough time to leave it for a reply. 

Vicky

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 11:41:04 AM »
Hallo,
Today I received prepared application in handwritten form for entry clearance form my wife and her legal adviser in England.
This is in regard of her instruction to stand as a sponsor for me to obtain a Visa.
Her application was prepared in handwritten form.

I understand that visa application are not accepted in handwritten form in Ney York Consulate and must be send on-line. I intend to complete the application on-line and then send the her handwritten form by fed-ex, but i am concerned that the verity of the handwritten application prepared my wife and her legal adviser my be jeopardized if i prepare on-line without submitting application as it was prepared.

Please advise me on how to summit, may i submint on-line along with her application as it was handwritten.

Thank you in advance.

• Banned

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 11:53:24 AM »
You have an option to print out the form you submitted on line.  You should do this, and bring it with you.  You shouldn't submit a VAF2 as well, this will just confuse things.

Though your advisor should be dealing with this really.

Vicky

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 12:19:41 PM »
thanks'
the adviser told me to take by HAND but ney york consular you can't do that.
thank's

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 12:45:19 PM »
thanks'
the adviser told me to take by HAND but ney york consular you can't do that.
thank's

The consulate is wrong.

Obviously we can't be requiring disabled people to use the interenet if it isn't accessible to them.

Similarly there is no immigration rule that requires an internet connection as a prerequisite.

Similarly represented applications have to be tabled.

If your wife's adviser has some other reason for needing to do it this way, then it's up to them to explain why and sort it out with the consulate.  On the other hand, if your wife's adviser didn't know that NYC is fast-track, they should be SPANKED.

And what Vicky said.  Bumping your own enquiry in the same hour after you posted it is inappropriate.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 01:01:54 PM »
Actually hand written applications are not accepted at the NY Consulate.  I have no idea why but it says so on ukvisas.

So there are three options.  Apply by post using the same form but typed responses, not handwritten.  Send typed application via visa-courier service.  Apply online, print off the application once it is completed and take that print out in person once an appointment has been made.  If you apply on line you HAVE to take the printed out online application to the appointment, I remember it saying something to that effect when I had made my online application.  And unfortunately, with NY consulate, an online application has to be made before you can even make an appointment; appointments are also only booked online.  Not sure why they changed the process, but it was changed in mid-February.
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 01:11:43 PM »
thank's so much.

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »
This makes a lot more sense yankeeangel.  The consulate just can't become connected to the world via the internet.  Can you give the link where you read the other options?

• Liked: 6
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 03:39:49 PM »
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 03:56:56 PM »
http://www.britainusa.com/visas/showcats.asp?i=65001&L1=41000

Hope this helps!

This is good, thanks!  This site explains that they PREFER online apps, but also makes the provision for postal and in-person apps, which isn't what they told the OP. 

The bit about no handwritten apps is curious. 

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 10:49:53 AM »
hallo,
Did any one nows how much will be if i send via visa courier to NY from Washington DC?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab