Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance visa process...is this right?  (Read 555 times)

• Me and Doug
  • Liked: 0
Fiance visa process...is this right?
« on: April 12, 2007, 11:35:45 PM »
Hi,
I've read so much helpful stuff on this site that I think I know what's to happen. However, I'm getting myself in a fluster incase I get something wrong and it delays my boyfriend/fiance's visa (he's not applying till October, but I want to be prepared).

Can someone please tell me if I've got the majority of the process right...
When DN has got his fiance visa app and has it completed he send it off with the following;

1) Our passports
2) Bank statements from both of us (how many and how far back do they need to go?)
3) references from past employers (for DN)
4) Details of work he's been looking for in the UK
5) A letter from my employer
6) My tenannancy agreement

and am I right in thinking he can post date his Visa anywhere upto 3 months, but once the date is reached he has 28 days to move over to the UK?

We are planning to marry in the spring of 08, but what do we need to do after we get married?
It sometimes appears straightforward, but there always seems to be something else that follows to confuse me!!!

Any help and advice you can pass my way would be great

Vicky
Life is just peachy and will be even "peachier" in 08!!!

Re: Fiance visa process...is this right?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »
and am I right in thinking he can post date his Visa anywhere upto 3 months, but once the date is reached he has 28 days to move over to the UK?

The 28 days issue is for a spousal visa, it does not affect a fiance.  The difference being that a spousal visa later converts to ILR, and fiance visa converts to a spousal.  Your fiance can enter any time up to the expiry of his visa.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
You need at least three months of bank statements and pay slips.

If his name isn't on the tenancy agreement you need a letter from your landlord giving him permission to live there.

Vicky

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 11:05:10 AM »
And just adding on at the risk of being pedantic, in order clear ALL of Paragraph 290 you would add evidence that you and your fiance have met.

• Me and Doug
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »
Thanks everyone....luckily we have photos that show we've met (they even have the date/time on them seeing as the powers that be are so concerned on fraudulant claims).
As for the tenancy issue, I live in council property....do I still need to get a letter from the council to say DN can move in?...I should take a look at my tenancy agreement!!!

Vicky

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 01:16:17 PM »
You probably will need that letter, yes.

Vicky

• Me and Doug
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 01:27:21 PM »
Thanks Vicky, I shall get onto the council and request now.....they take forever to do anything!!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab