Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A Funny Thing With My National Insurance Number  (Read 3141 times)

• Liked: 4
A Funny Thing With My National Insurance Number
« on: June 29, 2021, 08:22:00 PM »
So, I have a bit of a funny story to share.

I applied for my NiNo back in February and carried on waiting for it, understanding that it could take a long time to get it especially during these current times. Meanwhile, about three weeks back I start to apply for Apprenticeships hoping that I land something. Within a week, I manage to get a callback from one place and land a virtual Interview. Did my Interview and... success now I have an Apprenticeship and just need to go over processing.

So my Employer and I email back and forth. I tell her about the situation with my NiNo and she says it is totally fine, but suggested to ring them up to follow up. I take her advice and ring the line on Wednesday. I get through to the Centre and explain the situation to them. The gentleman on the phone says "We actually have your National Insurance Number... you have been approved since your application in February! I will send it through the post now." Apparently his explanation on the reason why I didn't get my number was because I didn't put the Flat Number in my address? I thought this was a bit funny since when they sent me the paperwork back in February, they never put the Flat Number on the envelope (our flat is located in one single building. We get things here all the time no problem without needing to put our flat number.) I told him to send it through anyway and give him my explanation. I hear him print out my number and he tells me he is going to post it. If I don't get it within four days then to call HMRC just to add the Flat Number.

On Monday? My National Insurance Number arrives in the post! I am so happy to finally have it. My husband thinks that they just simply forgot to send it through and wanted to give a silly quick explanation as to why it didn't get sent through. I just thought it was a bit funny to share this. Also, if you have been waiting quite a while for your NiNo to come through call them! If I didn't call them I would've probably been waiting forever lol.

• Liked: 724
Re: A Funny Thing With My National Insurance Number
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 11:57:54 AM »
Good story, happy to hear that it all turned out well.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 6112
Re: A Funny Thing With My National Insurance Number
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 01:38:40 PM »
However it happened, gad you finally have it!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab