Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any Florida travel tips?  (Read 344 times)

• Liked: 1894
Any Florida travel tips?
« on: March 26, 2024, 08:46:01 AM »

me and my 17 year old son are getting ready for our trip to Florida!  It's been more than 5 tears since I've been to the States and 10 since I've seen most of my family.  I don't know Florida very well, so I'm happy to hear any tips.

We mostly wanted to see the Kennedy Space Center  and try to see a rocket launch.  We are arriving in Miami ( lowest ticket prices) and driving straight to Deerfield Beach, then getting up the next morning and driving straight to KSC.  We'll spend two days there, staying in hotels in Titusville, mostly seeing the space Center.  Then driving to Atlanta the next day. 

Anyone know a quick, fun stop for the trip to Atlanta? 

• Liked: 770
Re: Any Florida travel tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 09:32:48 AM »
I'm from that area of Florida. Watched the Space Shuttle Challenger explode from my front yard. Spent many a night under the pier at Cocoa Beach drinking and partying but I've not been there in a good 15 years or so... my travel advice would be null and void. I'm sure with all of the development I'd not even recognise it.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

• Liked: 681
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 03:36:59 PM »
I don't quite get if you mean a quick stop on the way TO Atlanta or a quick stop IN Atlanta.

And also "quick"....  Not sure it's your cup of tea, but they have an absolutely stellar aquarium in Atlanta.
https://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/launches-and-events?type=rocket-launches

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 05:02:35 PM »
Yeh - St Augustine - you'll be driving right past up 95. It's America's oldest city. Look it up. Savannah is worth a visit as well.

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 12:45:53 PM »
Thanks for all your suggestions, unfortunately I was so busy in the run up to the trip that I missed them all!   We packed so much into the visit that I wouldn't have been able to do anything extra anyway.

We did get to see a rocket launch on the last day and it was fantastic.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab