Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: July Non Priority Applicants  (Read 15113 times)

• Liked: 3596
Re: July Non Priority Applicants
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2016, 12:07:30 AM »
I called them...is calling just as useless? They took all my information and said there are no updates which means no one has opened it yet...

Honestly, the calling just costs you a load of money and doesn't usually give you any answers anyway.

The only people who can give you accurate information are Sheffield themselves, and you can't actually contact them anyway (unless they contact you first).

Really, all you can do is be patient and just wait for the decision - the visa will be processed when it's processed and there's nothing you can do right now but wait.

My advice would be to take some time away from the computer and try to put the visa processing to the back of your mind. I know it's a stressful time and it's difficult to do that, but if you keep worrying and checking back every day, all you're going to end up doing is stressing yourself out. Instead, why not just enjoy the time you have left in the US with your family and friends before you move to the UK?

• Liked: 63
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2016, 12:09:45 AM »
Honestly, the calling just costs you a load of money and doesn't usually give you any answers anyway.

The only people who can give you accurate information are Sheffield themselves, and you can't actually contact them anyway (unless they contact you first).

Really, all you can do is be patient and just wait for the decision - the visa will be processed when it's processed and there's nothing you can do right now but wait.

My advice would be to take some time away from the computer and try to put the visa processing to the back of your mind. I know it's a stressful time and it's difficult to do that, but if you keep worrying and checking back every day, all you're going to end up doing is stressing yourself out. Instead, why not just enjoy the time you have left in the US with your family and friends before you move to the UK?

True! I do think that's best as well:)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2016, 11:57:12 PM »
Hello,

This is not good news that you are hoping to hear, but I hope it helps.   I completed my online Non-Priority Settlement Visa on April 30, 2016.  Biometrics done in May 4, 2016.  Mailed Supporting Documentation on May 5, 2016.  Email Confirmation of receipt in Sheffield on May 12, 2016. 

I still have yet to hear back about the status.  I emailed on July 7, 2016 and there was no progress on the application. It will be 12 weeks tomorrow since I had gotten the emailed receipt.

I hope this is not the case for you.

Wow.  :(  I think for mine and my husband's sanity, we will work off of this 12 week timeline.  Not having a definitive timeline is difficult to make plans for your life. I'm sure you all know this.  We fortunately don't have any children that we have to also prepare for the transition.  I moved out of my apartment because my lease was up.  And I'm living with my parents until it comes through.

I haven't lived with my parents in 20 years.  ::)  I'm ready to get back to my hubby.

Let's all hang in there. :)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2016, 04:42:07 PM »
After sending a redundant email to the UK Visa & Immigration international enquiry service to check the status of my application (yes, I know it was never really going to tell me what I wanted to hear), they quoted in the 'stock' reply that the service standards are processed within so many days of the biometrics taken, not the date the application was received. Am I correct in assuming this is correct? My biometrics were taken on June 27th and package received July 4th (spousal non-priority).
Application submitted: June 20th
Biometrics: June 27th
Package in Sheffield: July 4th

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2016, 04:48:51 PM »
After sending a redundant email to the UK Visa & Immigration international enquiry service to check the status of my application (yes, I know it was never really going to tell me what I wanted to hear), they quoted in the 'stock' reply that the service standards are processed within so many days of the biometrics taken, not the date the application was received. Am I correct in assuming this is correct? My biometrics were taken on June 27th and package received July 4th (spousal non-priority).

No, for the US it is not relevant.  Most countries have a center where you submit your documents in person and have your biometrics taken then.  However, in the US you submit biometrics BEFORE sending your application.  So the processing times start from when your application was received.

So, yes, it's a "boiler plate" email.

Hang tight.  As long as your tracking information shows the application was received, it will be processed.  Try to keep busy, see friends and family that you won't be able to see as frequently after you move.  Go visit your favourite places.  Buy lots of new clothes.  Stock up on your favourite toiletries and other home comforts.  Purge through your belongings.  Work on your CV if you'll be looking for work.  In other words, try to put the visa application to the back of your head and make use of the time.  You'll be here before you know it!

• Liked: 46
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2016, 03:32:41 AM »
So Im not working anymore ( cuz I gave my notice too soon and they replaced me of course )(wish I would have found this site sooner)  my days are soooo long.  I know by 11am if there's no email there'll be nothing.  My son is in school and Im home alone.  This last week was torture.   Im still 3 weeks from my 60 days.  I know everyone says to keep busy but now being unemployed and only cleaning and working out to keep me busy im struggling.  I know I know hang out with friends and family... but they're at work!!! Plus im now limited on financial.   Im tempted to go try and get a part time job even if its just for a few weeks.  Hows everyone else holding up?  Sorry for the pity party just feeling it this week.

« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2016, 03:58:19 AM »
So Im not working anymore ( cuz I gave my notice too soon and they replaced me of course )(wish I would have found this site sooner)  my days are soooo long.  I know by 11am if there's no email there'll be nothing.  My son is in school and Im home alone.  This last week was torture.   Im still 3 weeks from my 60 days.  I know everyone says to keep busy but now being unemployed and only cleaning and working out to keep me busy im struggling.  I know I know hang out with friends and family... but they're at work!!! Plus im now limited on financial.   Im tempted to go try and get a part time job even if its just for a few weeks.  Hows everyone else holding up?  Sorry for the pity party just feeling it this week.

All I can say is I know EXACTLY how you feel. My 60 days is up on Sept 30th. Some days i wanna crawl outta my skin because I just wanna know already.....all I can say is keep hanging on. It'll come soon for all of us iA.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2016, 09:05:45 AM »

I really feel for you and all the others waiting. I was in a state of high anxiety for the whole time myself and it's just exhausting.

As a way of occupying your time, since you can't do the fun stuff at the moment, what about getting down to some of the less exciting research so that you have it over with?

Look into how to file your US taxes from the UK, and your reporting obligations such as fbar.
Research how to get your national insurance number and provisional driving license.
You could get a head start on revising for your driving theory test, even your Life in the UK test for that matter! You could knock that one off right when you get here and it's out of the way because even if they change the test in the future, they still honor the pass certificate.

None of those may be much fun but at least you will be passing the time in a productive way and not just wishing your life away!  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2016, 09:07:46 AM »
All I can say is I know EXACTLY how you feel. My 60 days is up on Sept 30th. Some days i wanna crawl outta my skin because I just wanna know already.....all I can say is keep hanging on. It'll come soon for all of us iA.

Hang in there Mev. We are in to September now, it won't be much longer.

« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2016, 05:31:48 PM »
Hang in there Mev. We are in to September now, it won't be much longer.

Thank you larrabee!

« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2016, 04:22:53 PM »
I really feel for you and all the others waiting. I was in a state of high anxiety for the whole time myself and it's just exhausting.

As a way of occupying your time, since you can't do the fun stuff at the moment, what about getting down to some of the less exciting research so that you have it over with?

Look into how to file your US taxes from the UK, and your reporting obligations such as fbar.
Research how to get your national insurance number and provisional driving license.
You could get a head start on revising for your driving theory test, even your Life in the UK test for that matter! You could knock that one off right when you get here and it's out of the way because even if they change the test in the future, they still honor the pass certificate.

None of those may be much fun but at least you will be passing the time in a productive way and not just wishing your life away!  :)

What's your life in the UK test?

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2016, 04:27:40 PM »
What's your life in the UK test?

It's the test you take before you apply for ILR, so you won't need to take it for another few years. It's also required for UK citizenship, but you just use the certificate from when you took it for ILR (so you only need to take it once, as long as you keep the pass certificate safe)

It can be taken at any time once you are living in the UK, but it is not required until you are preparing to apply for ILR... which will be when you have lived in the UK for 5 years on your spousal visa and then an FLR(M) visa

• Liked: 59
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2016, 02:01:49 AM »
I hear you and feel for you Airadele.  Hang in there.  I wish I could be of more support but I'm now into my 13th week unfortunately and still no word.  I hope that your situation won't be the same as mine and that you will hear some good news very soon.

Like you, I had also given notice to my employer as we thought we'd be packed and gone by now.  I've been lucky that my boss has kindly extended my job until end of September to help us out but I'll also be unemployed after that.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to find short-term employment just to keep sane as we were here on visas too, which is tied to my current job.

After learning about all the things that we didn't do that we should have done, we are now concerned that we will end up getting a refusal at the end of all of this waiting too.  We were pretty naive about the whole process and thought that if they needed any further information, that they would contact us.  However, we had no idea that they could refuse on technicalities, especially when their guidelines are so ambiguous at the best of times and inconsistent.  Really wished we'd discovered this forum beforehand.

Has anyone in this forum tried to withdraw their application before a decision by any chance and if so, may I ask how long did it took to get your documents back?

We're not sure if it might be better for us to withdraw and just start the process again and pay for priority the second time, especially if we think it may be highly likely that we will receive a refusal this time.  Just don't want to wait another 3 months only to find out that we will be refused.  Maybe the only thing we can do is wait but we'll just be so devastated if we end up waiting 6 months in total and still not get a visa at the end of it all!

Also, is there anyone from June on non-priority still waiting for a decision?

Sorry, didn't mean to be such a downer tonight but we're just at a loss as to what to do.  I'm so far away from all our friends and family right now that it's hard to focus on anything else. 

Thank you for any feedback.

« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2016, 02:11:28 AM »
I hear you and feel for you Airadele.  Hang in there.  I wish I could be of more support but I'm now into my 13th week unfortunately and still no word.  I hope that your situation won't be the same as mine and that you will hear some good news very soon.

Like you, I had also given notice to my employer as we thought we'd be packed and gone by now.  I've been lucky that my boss has kindly extended my job until end of September to help us out but I'll also be unemployed after that.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to find short-term employment just to keep sane as we were here on visas too, which is tied to my current job.

After learning about all the things that we didn't do that we should have done, we are now concerned that we will end up getting a refusal at the end of all of this waiting too.  We were pretty naive about the whole process and thought that if they needed any further information, that they would contact us.  However, we had no idea that they could refuse on technicalities, especially when their guidelines are so ambiguous at the best of times and inconsistent.  Really wished we'd discovered this forum beforehand.

Has anyone in this forum tried to withdraw their application before a decision by any chance and if so, may I ask how long did it took to get your documents back?

We're not sure if it might be better for us to withdraw and just start the process again and pay for priority the second time, especially if we think it may be highly likely that we will receive a refusal this time.  Just don't want to wait another 3 months only to find out that we will be refused.  Maybe the only thing we can do is wait but we'll just be so devastated if we end up waiting 6 months in total and still not get a visa at the end of it all!

Sorry, didn't mean to be such a downer tonight but we're just at a loss as to what to do.  I'm so far away from all our friends and family right now that it's hard to focus on anything else. 

Wow you're in your 13th week and still no decision? Did you get any type of email at all to say they're working on it?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2016, 08:48:05 AM »

Why do you think your application could be refused?  Sheffield has become much kinder and has started to contact people if missing an item or two - whereas they used to just refuse the application (no guarantee that they will, just they have).

I wouldn't withdraw your application at this point.  I can't imagine you are far from a decision at this point and it's likely to be in your favour.

Sponsored Links