Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: July Non Priority Applicants  (Read 15140 times)

• Liked: 63
Re: July Non Priority Applicants
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2016, 03:37:10 AM »
I hear you Mev.  I was the same until they sent me an acknowledgement.

Hopefully you'll get an acknowledgement in the next week too as Ksand and KFDancer suggest, particularly if going by my timeline and a few others (just shy of 2 months later after UPS confirmed).  I know it's not the timeline that we were all hoping for but it seems consistent so far.

When I got the acknowledgement, I thought it was the decision email and was actually more confused that it was just a receipt. I thought, what the?? Only a receipt almost 2 months later?!  But if this acknowledgement gives you more comfort then that's what I wish for you.  It's stressful enough wondering about everything else otherwise, without this adding to it.  I bet you it'll come in the next week.  I bet you you'll even get a decision before all of us!

I'm now preparing for the worse.  Even if the decision is bad, I just wish we knew sooner so that we can start on Plan B.

Thanks Phu, you're really sweet! And I bet you, you will be approved. Praying for you and everyone else as well:)

« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2016, 08:29:37 PM »
Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good weekend. So I just needed to say this or rather type this out....I'm currently at 45 business days in, exactly 2 months since Sheffield received my spouse visa app (on July 11th). Has there been folks in the past at exactly two months in who never received their "received/working on" emails? I'm just trying to figure out whether at this point, I shouldn't expect to receive it all and maybe just get the decision email when the time comes?

I get that not everyone gets emails etc but from this group, I guess I'm just anxious since I still appear to be the only one who hasn't. I even read how someone who sent in their app non priority on August 4th received their "received/working on" email two weeks later....anyway, guess I just needed to vent. I  just really wanna know what's become of my app....my whole life's in that file we sent...I wish I would get a response from them.

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2016, 08:57:48 PM »
I'm really sorry.  Yes, I've seen this happen before and I always feel bad for the person who didn't get an email.  But I've NEVER heard of anyone still waiting for a response.   ;D. They do eventually get to everyone.  What's really bad is if it gets a bit out if order and new applications get processed first (has only happened on very rare occasions in my experience).

Did you apply with an attorney?  I know a few people posting this summer applied with one.

Big hugs.  I am very thankful I didn't have to go through this.

« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2016, 09:28:11 PM »
I'm really sorry.  Yes, I've seen this happen before and I always feel bad for the person who didn't get an email.  But I've NEVER heard of anyone still waiting for a response.   ;D. They do eventually get to everyone.  What's really bad is if it gets a bit out if order and new applications get processed first (has only happened on very rare occasions in my experience).

Did you apply with an attorney?  I know a few people posting this summer applied with one.

Big hugs.  I am very thankful I didn't have to go through this.

Yes applied through an attorney but his only response has been to call and email which i have tried and it's all useless:( I'm really worried

« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2016, 11:28:58 PM »
You guys don't think they've lost my documents?

« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2016, 12:30:46 AM »
You guys don't think they've lost my documents?

I really don't.  But I think it's time you escalated this with your attorney.  Having one is supposed to bring piece of mind and I don't feel like he/she is doing that for you.  Have they told you other clients timelines to see if yours is in line (as it feels like yours is here, but does seem like you should have sent the received email by know - if they were going to).  I'm sure you've checked your junk email folder?

• Liked: 3
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2016, 02:36:33 PM »
I keep hearing that summer is a busy time, but we've been waiting so long!

My wife & I applied for her visa in June. We got everything finalised (e.g. biometrics) while I was visiting her in Illinois, and we posted the paperwork off on the June 15th. UKVI received it in Sheffield on June 21st. Didn't get an email confirmation from them until August 11th. Still waiting for an ECO to actually process it. :(

I didn't pay for priority because I had a lot going on at the time... kind of regretting it now! Based on this situation I'd recommend to anyone, pay for priority! Hopefully it won't be much longer.

• Liked: 59
« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2016, 03:06:44 PM »
Mev, I don't think they've lost it either.  It just sounds like an extremely busy Summer this year.  I'm so sorry that you have this added uncertainty from not receiving this ECO email. It really sucks!

Heading into my 14th week now with no news still.  Really quite depressing to have your entire life dependent on 2 bloody emails!

Sensing the outcome is going to be bad for us (my husband and I) since it's been over a month after we received the ECO email.  Not sure what could be taking so long unless there are problems with our application.

Hopefully it's not that much longer for all of us and some of you will have better luck soon. This has to be our week guys!!  Hang in there with me.

« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2016, 03:58:24 PM »
Mev, I don't think they've lost it either.  It just sounds like an extremely busy Summer this year.  I'm so sorry that you have this added uncertainty from not receiving this ECO email. It really sucks!

Heading into my 14th week now with no news still.  Really quite depressing to have your entire life dependent on 2 bloody emails!

Sensing the outcome is going to be bad for us (my husband and I) since it's been over a month after we received the ECO email.  Not sure what could be taking so long unless there are problems with our application.

Hopefully it's not that much longer for all of us and some of you will have better luck soon. This has to be our week guys!!  Hang in there with me.

Thanks Phu. I don't think yours is a refusal bc of how long it's taking, don't think that way even though I shouldn't be talking lol. I emailed the dumb help line again and it says the same, no updates and if I wanna escalate my case give more info etc....but that doesn't answer my question of whether it's even been opened yet, i mean at 46 business days in, wouldn't it at least be open? Anyway thanks for the words of encouragement, hangin in there with ya

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2016, 05:43:21 PM »
Chances are it was opened weeks ago - just because you didn't get an email doesn't mean it hasn't been opened.

What normally happens:
-it arrives
-it's opened
- the email is sent... or maybe it isn't
- it's put in line to be processed, even if the email wasn't sent
- eventually an ECO gets to it
- the ECO processes it and makes a decision
- the visa and documents are mailed back to you

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2016, 06:08:07 PM »
Chances are it was opened weeks ago - just because you didn't get an email doesn't mean it hasn't been opened.

What normally happens:
-it arrives
-it's opened
- the email is sent... or maybe it isn't
- it's put in line to be processed, even if the email wasn't sent
- eventually an ECO gets to it
- the ECO processes it and makes a decision
- the visa and documents are mailed back to you

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

Thanks ksand. Do you think it's been opened even though the email and phone help desk don't see it in the system when I provide my GWF number?

« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2016, 06:52:50 PM »
Thanks ksand. Do you think it's been opened even though the email and phone help desk don't see it in the system when I provide my GWF number?

They are useless and don't have access to your application.  I would not believe a word they say.  I'm speaking from personal experience (how I found this board) as well as many stories on this board.

I genuinely think it's as ksand has said.  Opened but sadly no email.  Are you sure they didn't email your attorney (standard practice when you apply with an attorney)?

« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2016, 11:08:16 PM »
They are useless and don't have access to your application.  I would not believe a word they say.  I'm speaking from personal experience (how I found this board) as well as many stories on this board.

I genuinely think it's as ksand has said.  Opened but sadly no email.  Are you sure they didn't email your attorney (standard practice when you apply with an attorney)?

Thanks, hoping you both are right. Yes I'm sure my attorney didn't get any emails as he listed my email in the application. I also checked my junk folder and nothing. All I can do is hope and pray for the best. I suppose when it comes, it comes and life goes on. Thanks for everyone's responses:)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
Hey there!
I have been researching about UK spouse visa timeline so much. And all of the forums that I have found have helped me more than the actual UK website.
I am going through the same stressful process as all of you are.
I submitted my online application NON PRIORITY on June 25th and Bio June 30th. They got my documents in Sheffield July 5th and I got an email on August 1st about my application being processed by an ECO. And up until this day I've hear no news.
Please keep me updated with yours. And I wish all the best. This has not been easy for me neither for my husband.

« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2016, 05:43:00 PM »
Hey there!
I have been researching about UK spouse visa timeline so much. And all of the forums that I have found have helped me more than the actual UK website.
I am going through the same stressful process as all of you are.
I submitted my online application NON PRIORITY on June 25th and Bio June 30th. They got my documents in Sheffield July 5th and I got an email on August 1st about my application being processed by an ECO. And up until this day I've hear no news.
Please keep me updated with yours. And I wish all the best. This has not been easy for me neither for my husband.

Welcome to the stressed out club Maluf lol.....we all have similar timelines for having our docs received in early July. I have an additional unknown on my plate as I never received the initial email about an ECO processing my app....looks like by the end of this month, most of us will be at 60 days so hopefully we will all hear good news soon.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab