Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP!!!!(looking for ways to move to UK)  (Read 522 times)

• Liked: 0
HELP!!!!(looking for ways to move to UK)
« on: July 17, 2006, 06:13:39 AM »
Ok, so here is my situation... I have just graduated high school and i am wanting to move to england... and become a permanment resident over there and i have already been looking at a bunch of the different visas and non of them really apply to me so i was wondering if anyone knew of away that i could move there and be able to stay and work and not get deported?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:10:22 AM by Mindy »

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 06:25:54 AM »
There's isn't a way.  Unless you come here as a university student, which means you attend school full-time and can work 20 hrs a week. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 06:36:38 AM »
what if i came on a tourist visa for the max six monthes then apply for a student visa once the 07-08 semesters start

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 06:38:04 AM »
You can't change status from a visitor to a student.  You'd have to leave the UK and return to the US for the visa.  Honestly, it's not as simple as hopping on a plane and flying over to do whatever you want. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 10:21:26 AM »
there's a student section of the board that you might want to look at.  be aware that you'll need to pay international student fees.

after you graduate, you'll still need to get an employer-sponsored work permit to remain in England.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab