Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Letter from Consulate in NYC asking for me to interview?  (Read 1310 times)

• Liked: 0
Letter from Consulate in NYC asking for me to interview?
« on: February 27, 2006, 11:50:23 PM »
I've applied for my visa (by post) and I got a letter in the mail today it says:

"Dear Madam.

INTERVIEW

Pleaese refer to your recent application to enter the UK.

Would you please telephone us at the above number in order to make a mutually convenient appointment for an interview."

Does this mean they want me to interview in person?!!?!? Or talk to me on the phone? There is no way I could get away from school/work to go to NYC at this point. It's making me NERVOUS!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 11:53:09 PM by ImissEngland »
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

Re: Letter from Consulate in NYC asking for me to interview?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 12:13:32 AM »
I've heard of people having phone interviews before, so that would be my guess in your case as well.  Keeping my fingers crossed for ya...

(but...you're applying for your visa already?? I thought you weren't leaving till August!)
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 08:58:41 AM »
I think they want you to schedule an appointment for a phone interview.  I haven't heard of them requiring in-person interviews after having submitted the application by post.
Bored

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 04:31:18 PM »
I tried calling the number several times, and it just goes into voicemail...only the person I'm trying to call has it set up where you can't leave messages. And I can only call between 9-12.   

I'm not going until August....but the internship people told me as long as it's less than six months before i enter the country, it's ok to go ahead and apply.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »
Someone else had theres last week he waited 2+ weeks and they called him and he got his visa same day.

They just asked him about his application and money ect he said it did not take to long with the interview.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 08:14:21 PM »
DANG IT! I just changed my phone number (stalker) and I'm pretty sure they have my old number.  >:(

I tried calling the number from about 10:30-12. I still got than annoying voice mail message that tells you it the person is not currently accepting messages.  ::)

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 07:56:16 PM »
I just got off the phone with the interviewer.  :-\\\\ She wasn't exactly the friendliest of people.  She said I would know about my visa with in a week, but from her attitude I don't think I got it. :\\\'( I won't even be here next week to find out.

She was very suspicious of why I had been to the UK so many times, where I worked in the UK. She kept insisting that I only made L50/wk at the place I worked in Manchester, and I know for a fact I made more than that.

She asked me three times how this application was different from the last one, and the only thing that's really changed is the letter from the internship program

All I want to do is come back over for a year, I'm not trying to settle permanently, I want to come back here and finish my uni degree after.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:07:08 PM by ImissEngland »

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 08:03:12 PM »
Oh - I hope things went better than you think.  A week seems like such a long time to sit around waiting.  Try not to worry too much though, things may have gone your way. 

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 08:07:56 PM »
She wasn't exactly the friendliest of people. 

Try not to stress too much. Most of them are far from friendly.

Hope you hear back from them soon. Waiting is always difficult.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 08:59:43 PM »
Thanks! But from her attitude and the questions she asked, I'm pretty sure I didn't get it.  :-\\\\

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 09:11:35 PM »
Thanks! But from her attitude and the questions she asked, I'm pretty sure I didn't get it.  :-\\\\

Hugs!  I hope you are wrong about that!

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 09:26:10 PM »

I was afraid of that too when I went to the LA Consulate for my FLR.  The lady sounded really dire, like the fact that the HO refused my FLR to start with was going to be my downfall.  I ended up getting my entry clearance though. Hang in there.  Let them do their 'investigating' and then worry if you don't get it. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 09:56:31 PM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Angela!
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 04:35:06 AM »
Thanks again. I really hope I get it, but I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

Don't they usually tell you right away (like after the interviw while on the phone or via email) if you do get a visa?

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »
I hope it went better than you think!
Bored

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab