Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) on one income  (Read 479 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR(M) on one income
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:48:35 AM »
Okay, so getting together my FLR(M) application and for some reason I'm uneasy because since I don't have a job lined up after August, there's a limit to how far the money we are guaranteed to have access to will currently stretch (ie with savings and DH's income only we'll be able to support ourselves until April/May 2009...using his overdraft, until Feb/March 2010.  This is because our monthly expenses are currently about £300 more than DH's monthly salary.) I've been employed steadily as a temp and then on a fixed term contract since October 2007 and have absolutely no doubt that I'll be able to land either a permanent job or more temp gigs..but obviously I can't prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt without a job offer. 

So, three questions:

1. I know I can include things proving I've been job hunting, a CV and maybe a letter from my former temp agency saying they've successfully found me work in the past, but are these things really taken into account/do they help?  I've been assuming they are but hoping to get confirmation on this before I send my application off!

2. How many months of finance do you have to have lined up to get a visa (if it's not indefinite due to already having permanent jobs)?  For some reason I've been thinking six months but I can't find the source anymore.

3. Should I account for the visa fee in my budget?  We'll be paying on a debit card.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:52:44 AM by springhaze »
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• Liked: 0
Re: FLR(M) on one income
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:03:47 AM »
I can't really help out, because I'm in the same position at the moment (but applying for ILR in July - my temp contract ended in April). I'll be interested to read what other's say :) Good luck!
Juls xx

Arrived in the UK on spousal visa: 19/08/06
Posted ILR Application 23/7/08
ILR app arrival at UKIBA & Fee Taken: 24/7/08
ILR issued: 29/8/08
ILR arrived here: 03/09/08

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab