Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oh, they're blasting music until 8am? Too bad!  (Read 1774 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Oh, they're blasting music until 8am? Too bad!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 12:03:31 PM »

I can't tell you how tempted I am to blast my own music all day to subject them to the same sort of infuriating, helpless agony that the entire street suffered all night.

Please tell me you actually did this!  That is so inconsiderate of them and I can't believe that the police and the council can't/won't do anything about it. 

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 12:35:19 PM »
I would have played ring and run all day, every 20 min or so, just pop over and ring their bell.  Anyone up till 8am, is def sleeping it off the next day! 

Lulz ding dong ditch.   That or substitute the bell ringing/knocking with door kicking.

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »
If it happens again, make sure to record it and notify the council ASAP. It is likely someone else will have opened a case against the noisy tenants, and the council will probably be willing to send a list of complaints to the landlord and/or block managers.

Unfortunately, unless they do this multiple times, it is unlikely they can or will be evicted or served notice for it. Should you need to lodge a formal complaint with the landlord or block manager in the future, try to get as much evidence together as possible or they may brush you off. The sad truth is that it isn't in the owners' interest to do anything unless legal action is threatened.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:06:41 PM by mg86 »

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 10:18:40 AM »
That sucks!!!!! Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if so I would start lodging complaints early!!!!

Our neighbors sang terrible karaoke one night until 3 am.... and as payback my husband started BLARING Minor Threat at about 8am.  Childish probably, but sometimes there's nothing as sweet as a little *harmless* revenge.
Fee Fi Fo Fum, I fell in love with an Englishman. 

Met 11.5.09 in St. Lucia
Visited England Dec-Jan 09, Aug-Sep 09
He visited US April 09, June 09
Engaged in June 09
Married 8.29.09 (on a Marriage Visit Visa)
Returned to US 9.9.09
Submitted Online Spousal Visa App 9.25.09
Biometrics 9.29.09
Sent docs to expediter 9.29.09
Docs to Consulate 10.2.09
Visa ISSUED 10.2.09
Moved to UK 10.23.09
Got first job 11.14.09
Started first job 12.7.2009
Second Wedding in US 7.17.2010
First Wedding Anniversary 8.29.10
First Immiversary 10.24

• Because he's a surfer and i'm a scot!
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 01:06:01 PM »
I can't believe that the police and the council can't/won't do anything about it. 

We had a 4th of July BBQ this year and the police arrived at my house at 10pm because of a noice complaint  :-[

They were very clear that the noise had to be turned down and that if they were called back again that they would confiscate the cd player! 

All night until 8am is ridiculous!

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 04:02:52 PM »
That sucks!!!!! Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if so I would start lodging complaints early!!!!

Our neighbors sang terrible karaoke one night until 3 am.... and as payback my husband started BLARING Minor Threat at about 8am.  Childish probably, but sometimes there's nothing as sweet as a little *harmless* revenge.

Be careful in this 'harmless' revenge, even if you're bothering the neighbors who played loud music the night before, you might be bothering other innocent neighbors.
09/29/09--Visa Approved!
10/05/09--Leave for the UK!!!
06/15/12--Back in the US indefinitely...

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »
Yeah, that's basically what stopped us (well, that and the fact that it would make us miserable to play it that loud, too!). We're all in flats around here and everyone would be disturbed - we don't want all of the other poor neighbors to suffer through that *twice*.  :P

I've gotten over it, though. But from now on I'm calling noise patrol at 10pm sharp. Sorry, all you folks who planned on turning it down by 2am! Because of these a$$holes, you all gotta pay.
Jen

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 09:45:46 AM »
Be careful in this 'harmless' revenge, even if you're bothering the neighbors who played loud music the night before, you might be bothering other innocent neighbors.

Very true, although it happened before I moved.  We're in terrace housing.  Neighbors to one side are good, because I said I would babysit their kids. (have to try and make nice and much as you can when you live thisclose). And it hasn't happened again since.  Hopefully it's just a one time deal.

But from now on I'm calling noise patrol at 10pm sharp. Sorry, all you folks who planned on turning it down by 2am! Because of these a$$holes, you all gotta pay.

Good for you.  Hopefully after one complaint/visit from patrol they'll learn.
Fee Fi Fo Fum, I fell in love with an Englishman. 

Met 11.5.09 in St. Lucia
Visited England Dec-Jan 09, Aug-Sep 09
He visited US April 09, June 09
Engaged in June 09
Married 8.29.09 (on a Marriage Visit Visa)
Returned to US 9.9.09
Submitted Online Spousal Visa App 9.25.09
Biometrics 9.29.09
Sent docs to expediter 9.29.09
Docs to Consulate 10.2.09
Visa ISSUED 10.2.09
Moved to UK 10.23.09
Got first job 11.14.09
Started first job 12.7.2009
Second Wedding in US 7.17.2010
First Wedding Anniversary 8.29.10
First Immiversary 10.24

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »
The noise was, for sure. The police meant that people had to be spilling out into the street, causing general mayhem before they would come by. Noise "alone" wasn't good enough.  >:(

That sounds completely wrong, but given the way the Police Farce (sic) seems to operate these days, not entirely surprising.   :(

I wonder if there's a common utility area in the block concerned to which somebody else suffering in that block might have a key?   Just slip in there and cut the power to the flat in question.....

From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 09:09:34 AM »
[rant]

Ugh. I just had one of the worst nights of my entire life because the ever-so-thoughtful neighbors thought it was appropriate to blast (not "play loudly", not "kind of loud", more like LOUDER THAN MY STEREO CAN CRANK IT IN MY OWN LIVING ROOM LOUD) music from 9pm to 8am. What was that? 8am? Yes. EIGHT &%*$@! IN THE MORNING. I COULD NOT SLEEP. My husband, who is practically deaf, COULD NOT SLEEP. My daughter, who can snooze through elephants rampaging through her room, COULD NOT SLEEP. UNTIL EIGHT AM.

Each time various neighbors and even dumbfounded clubbers on their way home shouted obscenities at these KIND, KIND people, the music was cranked EVEN LOUDER. The volume did not relent until after I made my daughter breakfast in the morning, when suddenly these apparently deaf people thought perhaps they should get some sleep.

I can't tell you how tempted I am to blast my own music all day to subject them to the same sort of infuriating, helpless agony that the entire street suffered all night.

Why helpless, you ask? Because I called the noise patrol at 3:06am. What time do they close, you ask? 3am. They won't do ANYTHING after THREE AM. I called the police at 3:15, at 4:30, and at 6. Can they do anything? Nope. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO. THERE IS NO RECOURSE. THESE PEOPLE CANNOT BE PUNISHED, AND THEIR EXPENSIVE SPEAKERS CANNOT BE KICKED IN, MELTED DOWN, OR TAKEN AWAY.

I just can't believe it. In Portland, the police would have been all over this like flies on honey. I can't believe there's just nothing that anyone can do if the music goes on past three am. It's totally counter-intuitive! I'm upset and feel like I have no control over whether there's a reasonable amount of peace and quiet in the neighborhood. People shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

I'm thinking about filing some sort of complaint, if I can. Alternately, my dear, normally pacifist husband has considered buying a slingshot so we can lob rocks at their windows.

[/rant]

If you're in flats, then get straight on the blower to the landlord (if rented) or freeholder (if owned). Also ensure you notify the council today. I also suggest that you complain about the inadequacy of the out of hours service offered by the noise patrol.

Sadly, dealing with noisy neighbours is a long drawn out process here and one off offences are almost always brushed under the carpet.

By the way, the way to get the police to come is to say that it sounds like a violent argument has broken out.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab