Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Quick question about the 10 items (per year) for ILR  (Read 590 times)

• Life is like a tire swing.
  • Liked: 0
Quick question about the 10 items (per year) for ILR
« on: January 25, 2006, 03:57:11 PM »
I know that this might be a stoopid question, but here goes:

I know that we must have 10 items of mail for each of the two years (going for my ILR). And that they can't all be from the same place; however, I have an establishment that I use out of Texas that I have my stocks & bonds from, some life insurance, and a small savings account. Even though they are all from the same establishment, they are separate departments and I definitely get separate mail on them.

Can I use them as three different pieces of mail, or are they counted as one. If just one, I am totally, how can I put this, well, screwed. :o
MOMMA ALWAYS SAID:  "There an awful lot you can tell 'bout a person by their shoes" --- "Where they goin' , Where they been"
"I've worn lots of shoes"   Forrest Gump

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."     Forrest Gump

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Quick question about the 10 items (per year) for ILR
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 04:01:40 PM »
If that is all you can get, then do try...I am not sure that they will be counted as seperate, but the Home Office do give some leeway on this, if it comes with a suitable explaination.

Victoria

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »
If that is all you can get, then do try...I am not sure that they will be counted as seperate, but the Home Office do give some leeway on this, if it comes with a suitable explaination.

Hmm, well, it's my first year that's the problem. If I have to use them as just one item, then I only have my NHS card, another bank for checking (in my name), two invoices, and one joint checking account. My DH has like seven or eight items he can come up with, and assuming I cannot use those items separately, I will have a very weak three (or four, if they allow those two invoices addressed to me as purchases) items.

My second year (2005) is just the opposite than my first; meaning of have reams of joint; my DH's stuff; and mine.

Go figure. ::)
MOMMA ALWAYS SAID:  "There an awful lot you can tell 'bout a person by their shoes" --- "Where they goin' , Where they been"

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."     Forrest Gump

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 04:44:30 PM »
P.S. Thanks Victoria for the info. ;)

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:25:34 AM »
VictoriaS ~

Just wanted to let you know that I called Croydon this a.m. and explained that I had two items from the same banking company, but were two separate departments (insurance and stocks), and asked whether or not they could be counted as two separate pieces of mail or one. She told me two.

I also explained to her that I didn't have as much for the first year as the second; she told me to bring in as much info as I could, which when I noted that I had two invoices from places that I had purchased something (Argos and Comet), she kinda laughed and said bring everything. So, I'm going to bring in everything but the kitchen sink.

Just thought that this might help others to know. ;)

Sponsored Links