Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: amount each person is expect to live on?  (Read 711 times)

amount each person is expect to live on?
« on: June 21, 2005, 07:16:07 AM »
My last question I promise!!! ;D

I seen this somewhere on this site but I can't find it again, I tried using the search option but to no avail. But since my fiancee is going to be supporting me financially. what do they expect him to make and what amount is each person expected to live on each week? My fiancee makes a minimum of 14,150 pounds a year, and thats the very minimum, he works a lot of overtime  which increases his pay significantly, in the past 8 weeks hes made about 450pounds a week (before taxes) because of all the overtime. Are they going to consider this enough to support me him and our unborn baby? Will they even take our daughter in account since shes not even born yet? Once our daughter is born and I am legal to work, I plan on working right away

thanks and again this is my last question! lol  :P :-X
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 07:18:01 AM by EnglandsYank »

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re: amount each person is expect to live on?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 12:45:10 AM »
Unfortunately, there are not easy answers to how much they want to see to feel satisfied that you won't need to rely on public funds.  It all depends on so many things, such as where you'll be living, etc. 

If you're in doubt, is there anyone here in the UK who could co-sponsor you? 

Also, i believe that your baby will be considered a UK citizen when it is born, and since he is a citizen as well, the only person in your family that *won't* be able to claim public assistance is yourself.  So it may not be so bad really! 

Re: amount each person is expect to live on?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 01:37:27 AM »
I seen this somewhere on this site but I can't find it again, I tried using the search option but to no avail. But since my fiancee is going to be supporting me financially. what do they expect him to make and what amount is each person expected to live on each week? My fiancee makes a minimum of 14,150 pounds a year,

That's plenty.  You'll be fine...

I have been sitting here burning the midnight oil finishing an Unmarried Partner's app (British/Chile) to be presented at Croydon on Thursday, and their ending bank balance last month was £17.   :\\\'(   That's right, 17 pounds.  But they have no other choice but to go ahead because she's in curtailment.  They love each other and have been living together for four years (all on visitor visas, and all in the UK  ::) )

So the moral is if you love the person, try to make the best application you can; and you'll be fine!

Sponsored Links