Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: my bristish husband  (Read 532 times)

• Liked: 0
my bristish husband
« on: June 22, 2005, 03:33:56 PM »
Der All:  Well- I got my fiance's visa (thank you to all for your helpful information- it was easy as pie, just cost an arm and a leg!) and sending off for the FLR as soon as we make it all official in the registry office- however, I have a question regarding my British husband.  What paperwork will he need to show that he is married to a US citizen but not requesting to live in the USA?  Anything?  Only the tourist visa? 

I ask this  only because I still have family and friends there, of course, and we plan on starting a family asap - I am imagining the two of us with kids travling thru different lines for the rest of our lives.  I just want to make the visits home as streamlined as possible.  Neither one of us want to live in the USA - but want to make traveling there as easy as we can.  Any helpful insights or websites you can offer will help, thanks, lee

Re: my bristish husband
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 03:58:05 PM »
Well, I'm married to an American, but since I don't have a green card or such I just go in as I would even if I wasn't married to him. Doesn't change a thing, IMHO. He'll enter on his visa waiver as normal. You can always wait in the non-US line with him (that's what my husband does).

Re: my bristish husband
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 05:18:55 PM »
Before my DH got his green card I would just wait in the visitor line with him if the lines were long.  One IO even joked about me "slumin it " in the visitors line.  My DH visited alot, so he got a B1/B2 visa.  It made getting through immigration 10 times easier, but he can go on visa waver too.
Dream a dream of England .......... Some day

Sponsored Links