Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Current naturalisation/citizenship waiting times  (Read 81714 times)

• Liked: 20
Re: Current naturalisation/citizenship waiting times
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2016, 03:15:55 PM »
The impatience never ends! I'm now impatiently waiting for Bedford Borough Council to invite me to a ceremony.  I still might be in with a chance to have the ceremony and then get on the electoral roll before the referendum vote (need to register by June 7 I believe).  We need to stay in the EU so that I can fulfill my ambition of getting on the MEP gravy train.

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »
The impatience never ends! I'm now impatiently waiting for Bedford Borough Council to invite me to a ceremony.  I still might be in with a chance to have the ceremony and then get on the electoral roll before the referendum vote (need to register by June 7 I believe).  We need to stay in the EU so that I can fulfill my ambition of getting on the MEP gravy train.

Hee!  I hope you hear from them soon. :)
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

« Reply #452 on: May 19, 2016, 07:03:34 AM »
I received a letter yesterday asking me to arrange my ceremony, although it tells me to ring Central Bedfordshire Council instead of Bedford Borough council. It seems the two councils share services, just hope I don't have to go to Central Beds' registration office as I'll need to drive, whereas I can walk/cycle to Bedford Borough's office.  Well, I'll have to ring them and see....

No updates from any of the other Mid-March submitters?  I'm feeling really guilty now :(

• The Wordsmith Desk
« Reply #453 on: May 19, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »
That's great, sjb!  I hope you get to go to your local office.

I am jealous you can bike. I always had a bike in the States, but haven't gotten one here because anywhere I'd want to bike to here would entail going up *huge* hills that I know my middle-aged ass couldn't handle.  ;)  I am also a bit afraid of the traffic. There seems to be no room for cyclists on the roads here! If we ever get to fulfill our dream of moving to the coast, that will be my first purchase.

I most likely will be sent to Leeds, which is a pain in the ars*. I could walk to our local council office in just five minutes, but the (train + walking) trip to Leeds will be the better part of an hour.

I'm wondering how dressy one must be for the ceremony. I'm not a dress kinda gal. ;D

I've not heard anything. It's 5 weeks today since I submitted biometrics. Why should you feel guilty? I wish I were smart enough to include the note you did.  I told hubby I'd probably make out with the mailman when he brings my letter.  ;D
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #454 on: May 19, 2016, 11:13:20 AM »
I'm wondering how dressy one must be for the ceremony. I'm not a dress kinda gal. ;D

My ceremony invite letter said something like smart dress and no jeans. I'm not a dressy person, but I wore my (casual) wedding dress/frock. I think there were a few other women in nice trousers.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• The Wordsmith Desk
« Reply #455 on: May 19, 2016, 11:24:54 AM »
Oh that's good. Thanks for that. I'm probably going to wear a dressy shirt/blouse and palazzo type trousers with accessories and maybe a little do-dad in my hair. :)  Hubby was more worried, "I don't have to wear a *suit*, do I?"  The horror.  :o ;D He only wears suits for wedding/funerals/the races.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #456 on: May 19, 2016, 11:39:11 AM »
Oh that's good. Thanks for that. I'm probably going to wear a dressy shirt/blouse and palazzo type trousers with accessories and maybe a little do-dad in my hair. :)  Hubby was more worried, "I don't have to wear a *suit*, do I?"  The horror.  :o ;D He only wears suits for wedding/funerals/the races.

Sounds lovely!

What to wear to that sort of occasion is the scariest thing to me!  :o

• Liked: 4
« Reply #457 on: May 19, 2016, 08:17:48 PM »
A guest at my husband's ceremony wore jeans, denim shirt, baseball cap and nike air max. He was the only person dressed like that though. Most of the women wore smart trousers or a dress, just wear whatever you're comfortable with that's smart. Something that you'll be happy for your husband to take a picture of you in! It'll be interesting to see what gift you get  ;)

« Reply #458 on: May 19, 2016, 08:55:12 PM »
Rang council today, have to drive, but not too far :( They are having ceremonies every Friday through August, so I'm going in next Friday, which means I should have plenty of time to register to vote and vote in the EU referendum! 

Where do you live Fallgal?  I met my partner when we were both doing MAs in Leeds.  I lived very close to the university library (just off Woodhouse Lane, nearish to the Eldon pub if you're familiar with the area at all).  Then we moved out to Armley near the jail. 

• The Wordsmith Desk
« Reply #459 on: May 19, 2016, 09:39:56 PM »
Rang council today, have to drive, but not too far :( They are having ceremonies every Friday through August, so I'm going in next Friday, which means I should have plenty of time to register to vote and vote in the EU referendum! 

Where do you live Fallgal?  I met my partner when we were both doing MAs in Leeds.  I lived very close to the university library (just off Woodhouse Lane, nearish to the Eldon pub if you're familiar with the area at all).  Then we moved out to Armley near the jail.

Oh, sorry you have to drive, but at least it's not too far. That's great you'll be able to vote!  Now the important question: do you know what you're going to wear? :)

I'm in Pontefract, about a 30 minute drive from Leeds. I don't know Leeds at all, really. I've been there about 10 times I guess, but only the center. My step son is doing his doctorate at Leeds Uni.

• The Wordsmith Desk
« Reply #460 on: May 19, 2016, 09:41:52 PM »
Sounds lovely!

What to wear to that sort of occasion is the scariest thing to me!  :o

Me too. LOL I used to be such a dressy person!  Now......although I do like to look nice all the time, I prefer much comfortable clothes. :D

• The Wordsmith Desk
« Reply #461 on: May 19, 2016, 09:45:30 PM »
A guest at my husband's ceremony wore jeans, denim shirt, baseball cap and nike air max. He was the only person dressed like that though. Most of the women wore smart trousers or a dress, just wear whatever you're comfortable with that's smart. Something that you'll be happy for your husband to take a picture of you in! It'll be interesting to see what gift you get  ;)

Double denim and a baseball cap? Sheesh, I'm more dressed up in Tesco. :D  Hubby is photo-crazy, so he'll probably take 100. :D  I better put the finishing touches on my outfit. It's something to do while I wait for the post!!

« Reply #462 on: May 20, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »
I'll no doubt break out my suit, probably last worn in 2012 when I interviewed for my current job. Might even throw on a tie.

Ah, been through Ponte-carlo once or twice, but never experienced it in all its, undoubted, glory.  If your step-son is working on his doctorate at Leeds and not been to the Eldon, I'd seriously question what he is doing all this studying for ;)

• The Wordsmith Desk
« Reply #463 on: May 20, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »
I'm sure you'll look very smart. :) Good luck for next week!

Ponte is a small, quiet town. What is good is that it is only a 30-60 minute drive or train ride to most everywhere we want to go in Yorkshire, and 90 minutes to the coast. :)  It's a five minute walk to the town centre with lots of shops for such a small town, the hospital, the GP's and the dentist, very central and convenient.  Supposedly, it had the most pubs per capita in England until recently.  ::) ;D

I don't know if my step-son has ever even had a drink (at nearly 24)! His nose is always in the books, which is a bit worrying. I'm not much of a drinker myself, never have been, but one has to cut loose sometimes!

Now I will go back to biting my lovely manicured nails, waiting for the postman.  ::) ;D

• The Wordsmith Desk
« Reply #464 on: May 20, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
Only 30 minutes of nail biting!  I've been APPROVED!! WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!! *Dancing around my office with hubby and doggie!!!*  It's over it's over it's over!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab