Sponsored Links

Topic: ....  (Read 647 times)

« on: February 17, 2006, 10:44:46 PM »
xx
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:58:39 PM by sillysally »

Re: Yep another traveling for Love Q...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 11:14:55 PM »
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=14400.0

amendment:  any problems, please let us know!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 11:23:39 PM »
I have never had trouble going into the UK, but my husband has been intensely questioned coming into the US.   He travelled the most though, so that's probably why I was never questioned.  I can't really tell you what they can do legally, but I know its up to the immigration/customs officer.

Good luck.

• I miss you so much. My heart is forever broken.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 11:28:39 PM »
Where do you live and where does he live? ...I imagine one of you is from the us and one is from the uk what I don't get is that you're going for a weekend visit?  :-\\\\ how do you do that? lol. Jet Lag gets the best of me for like 5 days at most...I couldn't imagine coming all that way for a weekend and having to go back. You'd be on the plane more than you'd actually be visiting...

Maybe I'm confused lol...

Anyway...I don't know much about being questioned about that certain amount of time. I was questioned for a 2 week visit...so I'd imagine you wouldn't be but who knows.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 08:24:09 AM »
Can't I just say I am planning on going shopping in downtown for the weekend?

???

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 09:22:47 AM »
I used to go to England for weekend visits when we were doing the long distance thing. We just didn't sleep much! It was on a weekend visit that I first got flack from Immigration, as that was a red flag to them that I might be or would eventually be trying to jump the system and enter illegally or something. The next time I flew was when I got detained.
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 12:10:49 PM »
Are you traveling to the US or to the UK?

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 02:20:29 PM »
I am in the U.S. going to the UK.  I just have so many trips planned in the next year and when I am reading that a flag is raised when you visit 6 times in 2 yrs... well ouch... I am planning on doing that in 8 months....

Thanks for all the responses... how frusterating!

SS

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 03:00:16 PM »

I have visited twice in the last 3 months, and am planning on going again for a weekend in a few weeks... will this raise an eyebrow?  Can't I just say I am planning on going shopping in downtown for the weekend?

I just am curious if there is a restriction on the amount of times able to enter a year.  I have plans on going again for his bday for 2 weeks and then maybe for the summer... so that is 5 times in under a year...

Any suggestions?

SillySally

Telling them that you've spent hundreds of dollars on a plane ticket to fly to the UK for a weekend to go shopping with your American dollars in a country where they're worth almost half as much doesn't sound like a good idea. I don't think they're going to buy it. Especially when your stamps show you've already been here several times.

Any suggestions? Yes...that the truth will be best. Otherwise, you're going to come up with a story that they aren't going to buy (like the shopping one). Bring as much evidence as you can with you that you have ties to the US that require you to return.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 03:28:44 PM »
Thank you so much... I will be sure to bring my ties to the U.S. 

I am sure it will all be fine. ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab