Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: COVID  (Read 45507 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: COVID
« Reply #495 on: April 23, 2021, 08:41:41 PM »
Wozza, that sounds like a lot! Seven,  crazy!

Good luck, hope something turns out the way you want!

Same!

I was so jazzed by this role. But it’s still a VERY long way off!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #496 on: April 27, 2021, 12:29:05 PM »
I was so jazzed by this role. But it’s still a VERY long way off!

Continuing to send good vibes and good luck to you!

@durhamlad I hope Jeffrey is continuing to recover well!

• Liked: 720
« Reply #497 on: April 27, 2021, 01:09:38 PM »
Continuing to send good vibes and good luck to you!

+1

@durhamlad I hope Jeffrey is continuing to recover well!

Jeffrey continues to make good progress. This last 3 days he has been living in his own house during the day, coming to us for an evening meal and to spend the night. This morning after breakfast he collected up his dirty clothes before driving back over where he will do his laundry. He has been watering his own garden, his bathroom is upstairs as is his clothes drier so this is all good exercise. Yesterday we took him shopping where he pushed a cart around for 20 minutes to buy what he needs. At lunchtime we drove a few miles to the coast (Saltburn) where we ate haddock and chips while sitting on the pier.  All good progress. With a bit of luck he will be living in his own house in a few days time.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #498 on: April 27, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »
+1

Jeffrey continues to make good progress. This last 3 days he has been living in his own house during the day, coming to us for an evening meal and to spend the night. This morning after breakfast he collected up his dirty clothes before driving back over where he will do his laundry. He has been watering his own garden, his bathroom is upstairs as is his clothes drier so this is all good exercise. Yesterday we took him shopping where he pushed a cart around for 20 minutes to buy what he needs. At lunchtime we drove a few miles to the coast (Saltburn) where we ate haddock and chips while sitting on the pier.  All good progress. With a bit of luck he will be living in his own house in a few days time.

That's just wonderful!  :D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #499 on: April 27, 2021, 04:52:07 PM »
+1

Wow!  What a remarkable recovery this far.  Long may it continue!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 845
« Reply #500 on: April 28, 2021, 09:35:39 AM »
Yay Jeffery!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #501 on: April 28, 2021, 11:25:02 AM »
I'm so happy to see him getting back to health so quickly after his ordeal!

Remind him to take it slow and don't push himself too hard.  Keep an eye on his sats and how he's feeling.  If his body is telling him to rest, he should listen.  And when he's full time at home, check in on him often.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #502 on: April 28, 2021, 01:56:16 PM »
I'm so happy to see him getting back to health so quickly after his ordeal!

Remind him to take it slow and don't push himself too hard.  Keep an eye on his sats and how he's feeling.  If his body is telling him to rest, he should listen.  And when he's full time at home, check in on him often.

Thanks, we will certainly do all of this. We took him to a garden centre this morning and he took his first sit down break when the hospital called to check up on him and take his daily stats, so it’s great that they are still monitoring him as well. He has a chest X-ray scheduled for the 10th which we hope will show that his lungs are clear.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #503 on: April 28, 2021, 06:07:29 PM »
Thanks, we will certainly do all of this. We took him to a garden centre this morning and he took his first sit down break when the hospital called to check up on him and take his daily stats, so it’s great that they are still monitoring him as well. He has a chest X-ray scheduled for the 10th which we hope will show that his lungs are clear.

I'm so impressed with this aftercare, sounds like they really are on top of things.  :)

« Reply #504 on: April 29, 2021, 04:28:06 PM »
Hopefully this will be my last post on this :)

Jeffrey continues his rapid improvement and we are going over to his place tonight where he will be cooking dinner for us. He has also been talking with his boss at work today asking when and how he should resume work. His boss made it clear that he should start back very slowly, working 2.5 hours a day from home initially.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #505 on: April 30, 2021, 12:07:59 AM »
His boss made it clear that he should start back very slowly, working 2.5 hours a day from home initially.

I'm pretty sure I was impressed by his boss's attitude toward covid well before Jeffrey became ill, and I find myself impressed again.  I love that he is showing so much concern for your son's health.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 958
« Reply #506 on: April 30, 2021, 02:02:30 PM »
Hopefully this will be my last post on this :)

Jeffrey continues his rapid improvement and we are going over to his place tonight where he will be cooking dinner for us. He has also been talking with his boss at work today asking when and how he should resume work. His boss made it clear that he should start back very slowly, working 2.5 hours a day from home initially.
Oh this is excellent. I'm so glad they are not pushing for a fast return. I have an energy limiting condition and even volunteering accidentally took on too much and am feeling the effects. Very pleased he's recovering so well, but it still may be a few months before he's back to "normal". Remind him if he feels tired he should rest, Long Covid is very real and pushing too much early on actually makes things worse long term.

• Liked: 958
« Reply #507 on: May 01, 2021, 08:01:56 PM »
I somehow managed to not get a chest cold for over a year, but today I am under the weather and coughing so ordered my first PCR test. Husband is fine so hoping its just a cold! Amazed I isolated so well that this is the first time I need a test. (I have the lateral flow tests that they asked everyone to get for asymptomatic testing, but it says clearly not to use them when you have symptoms.)

« Reply #508 on: May 01, 2021, 08:14:04 PM »
Good luck Margo, hopefully it is just a cold.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 845
« Reply #509 on: May 01, 2021, 08:21:45 PM »
Hopefully all okay -fingers crossed!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab