Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cleaning the stove (sigh)  (Read 1738 times)

• Liked: 958
Re: Cleaning the stove (sigh)
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 05:57:19 AM »
A given that cleaning sprays are not good for air quality or your health now, newspapers are the way forward.

Was laughing with my husband this morning, because I've had arguments with him over the amount of cleaning products he uses. But since he does 90% of all the domestic cleaning in our house, I've stopped arguing. We were listening to the radio reports and smiled, but he laughed and said,  "Well I only really use CIF which is a cream, and Domestos which is a gel, and well Pledge. But.... I'm refusing to give up Pledge!!!"

In my MCS groups people were like *VALIDATION* when that article started making the rounds. There are some commercial cleaners that have nearly caused anaphylaxis in me, at a job in a 24/7 call center I worked in where they cleaned the desks on second shift. They refused to give me the MSDS so I'm still not entirely sure which it was (so illegal, I should've taken them to court).

Is white vinegar called something else here? I usually would buy gallon jugs of it in the US and use that, sodium bicarbonate, or hydrogen peroxide bleach (more concentrated) for 99% of my cleaning. I know I could just dilute citric acid (readily available as powder) but I react less to acetic acid. We found glacial on Amazon but I don't need that and don't want to mess about with dilutions and storage with the landlord who documented every scratch on the floor and tug on the carpet before we moved in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 149
Re: Cleaning the stove (sigh)
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
It used to be available from behind the pharmacy counter at Boots, but after an attempted terrorist bombing in 2008, where the would-be bomber purchased hydrogen peroxide from several Boots stores in Bristol in order to build his bombs, they stopped selling it.
I bought some strong hydrogen peroxide a few months ago off Amazon....food grade at 12%.  No bombs here.....although I use it on my skin. Took off a big wart with it as well.
Fred

Sponsored Links