Topic: Glasgow  (Read 655 times)

• Liked: 0
Glasgow
« on: October 29, 2004, 07:58:11 PM »
Anyone been to Glasgow ? What did you think of it ? X

• Liked: 12
Re: Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 08:03:44 PM »
I'm in Glasgow right now, and I really like it. What about you? :)
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 09:40:03 PM »
I'm Scottish from Paisley. I just wonder whats image Americans have of us and what they think when they get here. I've been to Canada and the US a couple of times on holiday and because you see it on tv and film alot I don't think anything there was odd apart from an American on tv here commenting that uk supermarkets have till staff siting down lol X

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 05:48:00 AM »
Anyone been to Glasgow ? What did you think of it ?

I would recommend anyone who's touring Scotland to see Glasgow as well as the (perhaps inevitable) visit to Edinburgh, but I don't eant to start a battle between the two cities.

Alastair, I notice that haven't got many replies to this thread.  Glasgow is a huge city - thus this could be a huge thread. Perhaps if you tell us a bit more about what you're looking for, some of the folks will be able to give you a more tuned response.  For example, do you have a partner / potential partner who may be moving over, are you involved with the tourist industry, looking to boost Glasgow's attractions, or are you researching for a paper / project?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 05:49:42 AM by GrahamE »
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 01:26:06 PM »
I just got back from Glasgow last night and LOVED it.  It is a really vibrant city--LOADS to do and felt generally easy to get around.  I liked that I could stand up on the Makintosh tower at the Lighthouse and see all the country side around the city. 

I have to admit that I was surprised at how white it was--I live in London and have visited Bristol and Birmingham extensively and they felt much more diverse than I felt Glasgow was. 
"It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you don't do it in the street and frighten the horses."   Mrs Patrick Campbell (1865-1940) English Actress

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 10:46:03 PM »
Thats mainly cause there are very few black people in Glasgow. Most of the immigrants who moved to Scotland were Irish, European or from India and Asia

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab