Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: London Markets Question  (Read 681 times)

London Markets Question
« on: October 30, 2004, 10:24:50 AM »
I have one day off to go to London Markets. Which are the best and have the most to offer a Christmas shopper?  Old Spitalfields Market,Petticoat Lane,Portobello Road,Camden Markets,Greenwich Market or Borough Market. I have never been to one of these Markets and looking forward to roaming around Christmas shopping.

Re: London Markets Question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 10:31:35 AM »
What are you shopping for?

Greenwich is cool-more sort of antiguey, with a super cool Kitch shop.  Can't remember the name, but it sells fifties and sixties stuff.

Portabella Road-a bit touristy, but has some good t-shirts down towards Ladbrook Grove end.   Lots of cool fashion stalls under the Westway. 

Cambden-definately trendy and the place to go if shopping for/with teenagers.  Lots of Punky/Goth stuff.

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 12:51:32 PM »
Here's a really helpful site for market info:

http://www.streetsensation.co.uk/markets.htm

I'm a huge market fan.  In fact, it's the one thing I know I will miss about London.  My suggestion for Christmas shopping would be Portobello road.  There's a bit of everything there, and lots of shops in case you can't find what you want at the market. 

Borough Market is just food really, so probably not what you're looking for, although it's my favorite on a Saturday.  I can nibble my way through the morning with all the free samples.  Yum!  :)

There's all great for different things tho....so try a couple if you have time!  Just remember that they often start closing up fairly early, sometimes around 3 or 4.  Great deals then tho!

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 03:42:26 PM »
Thanks for information... Wishstar and  Mindy. I am looking to buy Christmas presents for my son(24),neices and nephews(all ages),two great nephews and neice(2,1 and 6 months). You have given some good ideas as where to go and the hours I need to shop for bargains. Portobello Road,Cambden and Greenwich will be the stops. I do enjoy these markets in the areas surrounding Maidstone. They are fun.

Sponsored Links