Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 544 times)

• My Girl
  • Liked: 0
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 02, 2004, 03:51:35 PM »
OK - I am in panic mode.

My employer submitted my Passport to the home office Back on October 1st for an extension of my work permit, and I have still not received my passport back.  Apparently, the rules have changed  regarding work permits, and I was required to submit a FLR application.  Now I am being told it can take up to 10 weeks for these applications to be approved. 

Only problem is - I am supposed to be leaving on Holiday to the states in less than 3 weeks!!

Is there anything I can do?  My partner and I have been planning this trip for months, and with her being 23 weeks pregnant, this is our last chance to visit the US before the baby comes.  My family have never met my parnter, and they will be devastated if we can't make this trip. HELP!!!
"He (Bush) says we are at war on terror, but that is a metaphor, though I doubt if he knows what that means. It's like having a war on dandruff, it's endless and pointless." - Gore Vidal

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 04:01:47 PM »
Suggestion ... Ed ... you might like to post in "Visas and Citizenship" too, where I think you may get a more "tuned" audience.

Now - I do have an idea ...

Are you married to your partner?  Are you engaged?   If either of these is a "yes", see if you can retrieve your passpoert and get a Fiance or Spouse Visa while in the states - that should be quicker - usually takes a very short while if you're truely together, engaged, planning a life together and she's a British / European citizen.  But - I might be "shooting my mouth" off there - I'm not a Visas and Citizenship expert, and this might not match your circumstances.

Good luck

Graham
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 04:19:27 PM »
Just to follow on from what Graham said... you can retrieve your passport from Looney (Lunar) House in croyden.  You need to give them advanced warning.  See the link below for details.
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/home/applying/making_an_application.html?

If you go to get your passport, be prepared, it is not fun or easy--and not uncommon for it to take all day for them to "find" your passport. 

Graham is right, it is very quick to get it leave to remain in the states I was in and out within an hour when I got my entry clearance.
"It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you don't do it in the street and frighten the horses."   Mrs Patrick Campbell (1865-1940) English Actress

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 08:53:08 PM »
To had to what Graham has said, have you been living with her for 2 years or more. If so you could get an unmarried partner visa.

Sponsored Links