Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FedExing Spouse Visa & Proof of Travel  (Read 560 times)

• Liked: 0
FedExing Spouse Visa & Proof of Travel
« on: September 03, 2008, 02:42:18 AM »
Hello,

Didn't think I should create a whole new thread for this but got a warning about the thread I was going to add it in not being responded to in a while.  Didn't want it to get lost in the fray, sorry!

Simply, I plan on sending my spouse visa package (biometrics receipt and all my husband's and my documents) on Thursday using FedEx Priority Overnight (thought about doing First Overnight but don't want to risk delivery being attempted before the office is really open!) to the NY Consulate office.  I'd like to request signature confirmation, just in case one of the worst case scenarios actually occurs, like FedEX says the package was delivered but the Consulate says they never received it.  Would requesting that from the Consulate be reasonable/acceptable?  Perhaps a silly question but I'm worrying about everything revolving around this visa business.

Also, I saw a few of the posts on here about some people being asked for proof of travel but they were pretty old.  I know I read on the BritainUSA and/or Border Agency website(s) that one shouldn't make travel plans (by buying a plane ticket) before receiving word of visa approval (or even having it in hand).  Advice on another board confirmed that for me, but I see there are people truly in the know here, and considering that some people were in fact asked for proof in the past, I wanted to ask again.  As I'm sending my application this Thursday, I want to be sure I include an itinerary if I need to!  :-\\\\

Thank you for your help in advance!

• Liked: 1
Re: FedExing Spouse Visa & Proof of Travel
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:09:07 AM »
I requested a signature at the NY consulate - no problem at all. And I found a possible flight on British Airways and just printed off the itinerary - even though I hadn't booked the flight yet. You could do that with any airline, I suppose.

Good luck!  :)

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:30:11 AM »
I was never asked for any kind of travel Itinerary.  I applied at the end of July and was not traveling until September 30th.  We had already bought our tickets but only because we found some really cheap one way tickets on BMI (Travelocity.com) and they were refundable so we figured if we had to cancel we would only loose the $11.00 per ticket fee that the site charges.

Anyway, we just mentioned in our cover letter that we planned on flying September 30th and to please make the Visa valid closer to that date.  They must have read it as they made it valid starting on September 20th.

Not sure if you saw on here also but keep in mind that the turn around right now is right at about 20 business days.

Good Luck.. Fingers crossed for ya!   :)
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 09:24:52 AM »

Not sure if you saw on here also but keep in mind that the turn around right now is right at about 20 business days.

Is it 20 days for using the proper consulate/visa courier service as well?

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »
Wow, y'all are so helpful so quickly! :)

Unfortunately, I always buy the cheapest possible ticket which usually doesn't allow changes or cancellations without a massive fee.  I like the idea of printing out a possible flight to go with the date I tell them.  Good one!

I hadn't seen the 20 day note on here, just the NY office's note on the BritainUSA website about it operating under a summer peak rush and to allow about 14 business days.  They seemed to have redone their site yesterday and the note's not there anymore on the NY page, so I'll just go with at least 20.

Thanks for all the help and well wishes!  Thank you :-*

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 04:27:57 PM »
My package got picked up on Thursday morning and arrived at the NYC office, according to FedEx tracking, at around 9am.  I did the signature confirmation and was no problem!

I picked a date in late September, figuring even if it comes later I'll just leave ASAP, so no worries.  I did find a possible fight though and include the info up front with my cover letter. 

Thanks for all the help again, everyone :)

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 04:40:10 PM »
Since I will be applying next month I am wondering what you all are doing with all the paper work? Are you putting it in a folder, organizing it somehow? Or just sending them a big stack of paperwork?

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 04:50:03 PM »
Since I will be applying next month I am wondering what you all are doing with all the paper work? Are you putting it in a folder, organizing it somehow? Or just sending them a big stack of paperwork?

For both my spousal visa and my ILR I organized everything in binders with page protectors and tabbed sections. I think personally, it helped me make sure I had everything that I needed to send in.
Juls xx

Arrived in the UK on spousal visa: 19/08/06
Posted ILR Application 23/7/08
ILR app arrival at UKIBA & Fee Taken: 24/7/08
ILR issued: 29/8/08
ILR arrived here: 03/09/08

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »
For both my spousal visa and my ILR I organized everything in binders with page protectors and tabbed sections. I think personally, it helped me make sure I had everything that I needed to send in.

I did the same thing with my Spousal Visa PrincessJuls02!!   :D
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

• My Blog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 08:15:05 PM »

I had mine in a binder with labelled tabs and a detailed table of contents...however, when I went to mail it, it was cheaper to overnight priority in a flat rate envelope so I disassembled everything and just stacked it neatly with the cover letter and table of contents on top (Still in the same order). Although it made me feel better to have it all organized, I had several friends who went through it just before me who insisted that I didn't waste the time with a binder. It just adds more bulk.

In the end I figured these people are properly trained and they deal with apps all day long and as long as they are sent neatly with some sort of order, they won't have a problem.
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

Sponsored Links