Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to understand this email "UK visa application has been dispatched"  (Read 4669 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello Everyone,

I got the following email this morning But i dont fully understand it and I was hoping to get some help on this from you guys.  Its says:

"Your UK visa application has been dispatched from the UK Visa Section.

FOR APPLICATIONS FROM USA:

If you submitted your application via a US Department of Homeland Security Application Support Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly. If you have not already done so, please ensure your passport is sent to the New York Scanning Hub to avoid any delays."

I paid for a UPS to send the package off their scanning Hub in New York and paid for it to be returned to me. But i am hook up on the latter part of that email about ensuring the passport was sent to New York.
Does this mean I have to call or email them and ask them if they have my passport at the Scanning Hub? The reason why I am asking is, isnt it automatic to send back the passport to scanning hub after a decision is made and then back to passport holder?

I hope I am making some sense to you readers.

Thank you again for your time.

Kind Regards

• Liked: 3598
Assuming you sent your passport to the New York Scanning Hub, that is where it currently is. So all you need to do now is wait for them to issue the visa into your passport and mail it back to you.

The way I believe it works is:
- You send the passport and your documents to New York
- New York scans your documents and passport and forward the scans to whichever department will process your visa
- New York Scanning Hub keeps all your documents and your passport
- When the visa decision has been made, New York Scanning Hub will issue your visa into your passport (if it has been granted) and  will mail your passport and documents back to you using the return shipping label you included.

• Liked: 0
Thank you so much for the clarification. I just have one last question: Do  you know how long this  normally takes? I know they said "shortly" but just want to know the time frame we looking at.

• Liked: 3598
Thank you so much for the clarification. I just have one last question: Do  you know how long this  normally takes? I know they said "shortly" but just want to know the time frame we looking at.

It's hard to tell - sometimes it's same-day, sometimes it takes a couple of days... depends how quickly they get the visa issued and the package collected by UPS.

If you have the tracking number from your UPS label, you can try entering it into the UPS website to see if the package has started moving yet.

Sponsored Links