Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Waiting for a Visa, but my address has changed - How do I let them know?  (Read 265 times)

• Liked: 0
I apologize to those who realize how many questions I have been posting on here lately, but I have just one more question to ask:

My current housing contract is about to end on the 11th of August and the address which I used for my contact details during the application process is the address I will be leaving in a few days. I was naive in expecting my fiance visa to come before then when I only submitted it a month ago, but I was wondering if or how I could let the consulate know to send the visa to a different address?

A fax? An e-mail? Will it be too complicated?

Thank you in advance!
sep. 07 - year abroad in UK
jan 08- met british boyfriend
august 08- back in US/ boyfriend still in UK
may 09- propsal!
june 09 - visa app and biometrics
july 09 - application submitted
october 09 - APPLICATION APPROVED!!!

• Liked: 1
To which consulate did you apply?

LA consulate
may 09- propsal!

Send LA a fax to their main fax number listing all your application and passport details and notifying them of your new address when you actually move. If you've used an expediter then you need to notify them as they will be the ones returning your visa to you.

Send LA a fax to their main fax number listing all your application and passport details and notifying them of your new address when you actually move. If you've used an expediter then you need to notify them as they will be the ones returning your visa to you.

Do expediter visas usually take this long?
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

Do expediter visas usually take this long?

Depends on if there are issues with the application (ie previous immigration bounces or refusals). However since the OP didn't state what type of visa or when they submitted the docs to the Consulate I can't really answer the question properly.

Depends on if there are issues with the application (ie previous immigration bounces or refusals). However since the OP didn't state what type of visa or when they submitted the docs to the Consulate I can't really answer the question properly.

Fiancee, according to the original message. This is definitely one of those situations where going through a courier is useful, though: you get an actual person on the phone and can know that the message was received, instead of hoping that a fax will get where it needs to go.

I guess I meant that since it's already been a month, it's unlikely the OP went through an expediter though as you said, can't know for sure, but it sure would simplify her situation if she had.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

I didn't use an expediter and believe me I have been kicking myself for it since the day I realized that I could use one or even what they are. Even after months of researching visas online, I seem to have missed the memo on expediters completely.

Like Cher said - "If I could turn back time"

Anyways, thanks for the help. If I fax them with the new address details, will they get back to me affirming the address change? Or should I just assume they'll send it to the new address?

may 09- propsal!

Sponsored Links