Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Vistor Visa Info needed  (Read 396 times)

• Liked: 0
Vistor Visa Info needed
« on: August 10, 2009, 01:37:31 PM »
Hi, I was just wondering the list of things you need for a visa on the http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/sil/ page, is that for all visa's including visitors?

also I have been refused a visitor's visa before, ( I had no clue as to what I was doing) and i have since gotten basically everything I need, I am now just waiting on my sponsor to send his things.

Can someone tell me if I got everything together correctly?

6 months worth of bank slips, 6 month's verification from social security/SSI, My apartment lease ( i think that qualifies for ties to the U.S. doesn't it?) my passport, Birth certificate,social security card.

If i don't have much money in the bank, but my sponsor does, will this get me denied?

Also, What do I put down as for my reason for going to the uk? I'm going there for a six month trip But I read online that a holiday isn't a good enough reason?
Thank you very much.

Re: Vistor Visa Info needed
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 01:42:26 PM »
You don't need your social security card or your birth certificate.

In terms of finances you'll need to show that either you or your sponsor can accommodate and maintain you without you needing public funds from the UK.

Here is the UKY Wiki page on Visiting the UK, it includes links to all the official pages for information: http://www.uk-yankee.com/wiki-manual/index.php/visiting-the-uk/index.

Just be aware that if you have been previously refused a visa or refused entry to the UK your application may take significantly longer than a normal application from someone that has not had any previous issues with immigration.

Since you're planning on a 6 month trip be prepared that SSI may terminate your payments as they do in some cases when people are out of the US for more than 2 months (I used to be a benefits processor in California and had this happen to my clients a few times). You will also want to look into travel insurance for your health since your state Medicaid and Medicare does not cover you outside of the US.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:44:37 PM by WebyJ »

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 04:48:56 PM »
Thanks very much for the info:) Is there any kind of specific travel insurance I should get?  But what about my sponsor? is that everything he need's on that page?

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf2visitors#9275887

What supporting documents should I include with my application?

You should include all the documents you can to show that you qualify for entry to the UK as a visitor. If you do not, we may refuse your application.

As a guide, you should include:

*bank statements, payslips, or some other evidence to show that you can pay for the trip and that you have enough money to support yourself and any dependants without working or getting any help from public funds, and
*evidence that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit (for example, a letter from your employer).

If you are visiting family or friends you will need:

*a letter from your sponsor (the person you are visiting) explaining your relationship with them and the purpose of your visit, and
*a copy of the bio-data page (the page containing their photograph) of their UK passport or, if they are not a UK national, evidence of their immigration status in the United Kingdom.

If your sponsor will be supporting you during your visit, or paying for the cost of the visit, you will need:

*payslips, bank statements, or some other evidence to show that they have enough money to support you.

We will refuse your application if we find that any documents are false.

Hope that helps.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:55:12 PM »
If my sponsor doesn't have a UK Passport but is a British citizen with a UK birth certificate is that okay to send in?

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 09:57:36 PM »
If my sponsor doesn't have a UK Passport but is a British citizen with a UK birth certificate is that okay to send in?

I have been told in the past that if you have the OFFICIAL LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE from the Registrars office AND your sponsor was born in the UK PRIOR to 1983 that should suffice.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 10:01:34 PM »
thanks very much for all your help :)

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 10:07:22 PM »
thanks very much for all your help :)
You are most welcome.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab