Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US citizen applying for Fiance visa outside of the US? your opinions..  (Read 532 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi,
I'm trying to apply for a fiance visa to the UK. I'm living in Japan, and they have a UK visa center here but the website says settlement visas take up to 13 weeks to process. I have no idea why it would take that long, and I tried emailing them about it but haven't gotten any responses. So I"m wondering if you guys think there's any chance I could apply directly to the US? If I gave them my parents address to mail things to? I just don't know how it would work with the biometrics data, I could do it here in japan but I dont know if it would count. I was thinking I could also apply online via Visa4UK, but they dont have any contact info where I could ask if its possible.
13 weeks is too long for us, I'd rather fly to the US and get it done if it's my only choice. But I'm wondering what your guy's imput is? I know no one has probally been in this situation but any advice would help... Thanks

Re: US citizen applying for Fiance visa outside of the US? your opinions..
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »
if you're living in Japan I don't think you'd be able to apply using the US consulates while in Japan- for starters you'd certainly need to do your biometrics in the States.  If you really want it done ASAP, then taking a trip to the US for a couple of weeks and getting it sorted there is your best bet, I think.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 05:55:51 AM by springhaze »
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:58:10 AM »
This depends - what is your status in Japan?  Are on a residence permit or are you just a visitor?

Vicky

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 06:53:19 AM »
This depends - what is your status in Japan?  Are on a residence permit or are you just a visitor?

Vicky

Hey vicky, I've got dual citizenship with japan, Im probally supposed to apply to Japan but if theres any chance i can apply straight to the US i think it would take alot less time then 13 weeks..

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 01:02:48 PM »
You can apply in either country then.

I am afraid that I don't know how long it actually takes in Japan, sorry.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab