Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparing for Life in the UK test  (Read 445 times)

Preparing for Life in the UK test
« on: March 02, 2008, 02:03:49 PM »
Hi --
I've just read that you can take the Life in the UK test anytime before you apply for ILR. That application date for me is 2 yrs off, but why not take the test now?

Anyone have any tips for how to prepare? I'm wondering if there are any books one can buy or download for that purpose.

With thanks,

C'lynn

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
  • Liked: 0
Re: Preparing for Life in the UK test
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 02:14:42 PM »
You can buy the book at WHSmiths or on line there is a web site that does the book not the official one and practise tests, there should be a link on one of the Life in the UK threads it I used it and passed the test itself and I believe many others have also using this.

Good luck with it all

Indy
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 04:14:53 PM »
Hello,

I just took the test and passed on Friday.  You can go to this website: www.lifeintheuk.org and study the materials on there and take some of the practice tests.  It's completely free, you just have to register.  That's what I used to study for the exam based on someone's recommendation on this message board.  I was getting paranoid as my test date loomed nearer though, and I went ahead and ordered the official book, Life in the United Kingdom, A Journey To Citizenship, by the Home Office, from amazon.co.uk and had it shipped to me in the US.  The cost of the book and shipping was no more than $30.  I needn't have bothered though, the material on the free website matches what is in the official guide. 

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 04:23:48 PM »
You may want to check to see if your results will still be valid in two years, as the test itself or ILR requirements could change and you may end up wasting money.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab