Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What are you knitting?  (Read 17914 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: What are you knitting?
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2019, 06:45:36 PM »
I just knitted my first hat in the round. I'm pretty darn proud of myself!

My next one will be better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That is amazing! . Incredibly neat and so pretty! Good job!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2019, 06:47:50 PM »
Very nice! I still stink at knitting, but it's not as hard on my hands so I want to get better.

I'll have to take a pic later, but I joined a local crochet group and made a "braided cowl" (just need to get buttons) and a bunch of flowers for a local nicu to give to parents on mothers day. :)

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

But your crochet skills are awesome!  :D I can't crochet a single stitch, just can't make it work for me!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2019, 06:50:00 PM »
Very nice! I still stink at knitting, but it's not as hard on my hands so I want to get better.

I'll have to take a pic later, but I joined a local crochet group and made a "braided cowl" (just need to get buttons) and a bunch of flowers for a local nicu to give to parents on mothers day. :)

Thank  you!!
My hubby claimed it. It turned out a little bit long for my head. Haha.

I really enjoy knitting, it's fantastic and I love getting something to use when I'm done.

Ooh, would love to see cowl. I've been thinking of making one. Are you enjoying the group?

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2019, 06:50:53 PM »
That is amazing! . Incredibly neat and so pretty! Good job!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Thanks! I really like it. I have a couple of other yarns to make hats with. Haha.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2019, 10:59:00 PM »

My nephew saw me working on my hat last weekend when we skyped and asked me to knit him one. These are such a quick knit, it's awesome.

• Liked: 958
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2019, 05:59:27 PM »
My current crochet WIP, it's a crochet along called the Phoenix CAL. Really pleased with how it's turning out so far, this is week 5 and the size of a baby blanket atm.

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2019, 09:56:28 AM »
My current crochet WIP, it's a crochet along called the Phoenix CAL. Really pleased with how it's turning out so far, this is week 5 and the size of a baby blanket atm.

Ooh! Absolutely love the colours! That's stunning.  Is it a blanket? It must be for the size.

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2019, 10:03:10 AM »
I'm about to finish my first baby blanket!

The green is is a mint green, and the light green is a pale celadon.

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2019, 10:58:48 AM »
That's beautiful! Really love the variety of textures :)

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2019, 11:16:34 AM »
Ooh! Absolutely love the colours! That's stunning.  Is it a blanket? It must be for the size.

Yeah, it'll be a full size blanket at the end. The pattern is for a 59" blanket in DK weight yarn, this is a bit smaller yarn and hook so it'll probably be a bit smaller. I'll post the progress periodically! It's my first "crochet along" attempt (I had never heard of them!),and the pattern was too pretty to pass up for free and their community on Facebook is really nice! I'm also now addicted to this yarn and want to make all the things with it because the colors are beautiful and its easy to work with.

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2019, 11:36:14 AM »
Yeah, it'll be a full size blanket at the end. The pattern is for a 59" blanket in DK weight yarn, this is a bit smaller yarn and hook so it'll probably be a bit smaller. I'll post the progress periodically! It's my first "crochet along" attempt (I had never heard of them!),and the pattern was too pretty to pass up for free and their community on Facebook is really nice! I'm also now addicted to this yarn and want to make all the things with it because the colors are beautiful and its easy to work with.

It's a lovely colour way (as the Brits put it). What yarn is it? Looks a bit like it's one of those cake yarns?
I hadn't heard of knitalongs or crochetalongs until I joined Ravelry. It's a fun idea! I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to do a corner to corner baby blanket next, need to learn how to increase!

« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2019, 11:49:30 AM »
It's a lovely colour way (as the Brits put it). What yarn is it? Looks a bit like it's one of those cake yarns?
I hadn't heard of knitalongs or crochetalongs until I joined Ravelry. It's a fun idea! I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to do a corner to corner baby blanket next, need to learn how to increase!

I bought it on sale (a better offer than is on right now), but it's this yarn in the turquoise gem colorway. https://hobbii.co.uk/yarn/cotton-kings-378/twirls

I feel like increasing in crochet is much easier than knitting! I need to get some chunky yarn and bigger needles to try knitting again. I get frustrated easily with the slow progress of it, need to learn how to hold the needles and yarn properly!

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2019, 11:53:54 AM »

I bought it on sale (a better offer than is on right now), but it's this yarn in the turquoise gem colorway. https://hobbii.co.uk/yarn/cotton-kings-378/twirls

I feel like increasing in crochet is much easier than knitting! I need to get some chunky yarn and bigger needles to try knitting again. I get frustrated easily with the slow progress of it, need to learn how to hold the needles and yarn properly!

I wondered if it was a hobbii yarn! So many pretty ones. I was tempted to buy some of them just because I thought they were pretty. Haha.

There are so many different ways to knit... I know of at least five or six styles, so you should be able to find one that makes sense to you. Definitely do a chunky yarn and garter stitch (only knit stitches on both sides, until you find a comfortable way to knit. Then add in a purl and once you have that your golden! Haha. I only learned to purl last autumn.

Sponsored Links