Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Age Differences  (Read 667 times)

• Liked: 0
Age Differences
« on: July 28, 2005, 07:47:16 AM »
I've had a really good read through many of the threads, found them so helpful...........and hopeful. I haven't come across this question, so thought I'd ask it.

Has anyone had difficulties, because of an age gap - are immigration discriminatory in this regard? I'm 45 (look 30, lucky me) and my fiance is 28. I have to say, when we filled in the e-form it didn't look so good to see his year of birth was only one year away from my daughter's, and that I'm a grandmother. I've included my picture with all my evidence/documentation, so they can clearly see I'm a hot granny. lol.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

Another, quick, question............my bank accounts don't look great (overdraft facility of about £3,500 and is usually overdrawn by about £1,400 by the end of the month) and I don't have savings. Fiance has about $1,500 in his bank account. Do you think this will be a sticking point?

Ought to mention he came to live with me for 6 months (January to July) and I managed to support him, so it's not like we couldn't manage on the money we have.

Any helpful stories, ideas etc, would be gratefully appreciated, as we are just about to send our documents in to Chicago by mail.

JMV

Re: Age Differences
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 08:09:40 AM »
Does anyone have similar experiences?

There's lots of that stuff, both in case studies and in practice.  The key thing to look out for in an age gap is the intent to live together, they refused a 66 y.o. British woman and a 21 y.o. Moroccan on those grounds.  Also earlier this year they refused a 78 y.o. British man and a 32 y.o. Thai on the same grounds. 

So your age gap isn't that dramatic, and he's still older than your daughter.   Not a big deal at all, especially if he's a non-visa national...

• Liked: 0
Re: Age Differences
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 07:20:56 PM »
Am very excited................Documents arrived in Chicago on the 9th........Consulate guy phoned my fiance today to ask us to email him stating our intention to marry in a UK registry office asap (hadn't read anywhere that it was necessary to state this in the letter of intention - so this might be useful for others to note). Visa will be issued as soon as he has the emails - for once in my life I am glad of the transatlantic time difference otherwise it'd be another working day for us to wait.

Woo HOO!! my younger man is coming back :)

Sponsored Links