Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 317017 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #6225 on: April 25, 2019, 07:59:28 PM »
I doubt it. Don't worry though, you're still within normal ranges, it just seems worse because others are getting theirs sooner. Hang in there!  :)
My wife stormed VFS in New York and apparently they sent my application as non-priority..... The website sold be the wrong thing (Silver Package) and they just ignored it and sent it as non-priority without contacting me. I've been fighting with them for 2 months to fix it (I realized the error soon after I sent the package) with no success. They told her that a refund will be provided to us, yet their refund link is not working! This whole place is a joke.....

Can anyone share their recent experience with non-priority? I've seen 46WD and was wondering if it's the average.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6226 on: April 25, 2019, 08:09:36 PM »
My wife stormed VFS in New York and apparently they sent my application as non-priority..... The website sold be the wrong thing (Silver Package) and they just ignored it and sent it as non-priority without contacting me. I've been fighting with them for 2 months to fix it (I realized the error soon after I sent the package) with no success. They told her that a refund will be provided to us, yet their refund link is not working! This whole place is a joke.....

Can anyone share their recent experience with non-priority? I've seen 46WD and was wondering if it's the average.

Ahh, that's extremely unfortunate. But it happens frequently because their website is so badly designed and unclear.  :-\\\\
Customer service is terrible too, I'm sorry.

Here is the non-priority thread. https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=90536.4230

• Lover of Target and M&S
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #6227 on: April 25, 2019, 08:15:37 PM »
I’m still waiting to hear about fixing the spelling error for my sponsor/husband. They are definitely slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Online Application: 9 March, 2019  Philadelphia,US
Biometrics: 14 March 2019, Philadelphia
Application Mailed: 14 March 2019
Application Received in NY: 15 March 2019
Application Received in Sheffield: 19 March 2019
Decision email received: 16 April 2019
Passport received: 17 April 2019

• Liked: 26
« Reply #6228 on: April 25, 2019, 11:26:46 PM »

That's so frustrating!! Yeah, we only pay them a few thousand, it's not like we should expect them to actually be fully functional 🙄 At least you're most of the way through the wait already!!
Married : 2/1/2019
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 6/3/2019
Biometrics appointment : 7/3/2019
Documents sent to NY : 7/3/2019
Docs received in Sheffield email : 11/3/2019
Decision made email: 23/5/2019
Visa Decision: 5/6/2019 Yes!!!!!

• Liked: 7
« Reply #6229 on: April 29, 2019, 05:32:35 PM »
My wife got her passport back today!
21 working days from when Sheffield received to when we got the decision email

Thanks to everybody who helps us out with the crucial information on this forum. We wouldn't have been able to do it with you all  :D

« Reply #6230 on: April 29, 2019, 05:51:56 PM »

Thanks to everybody who helps us out with the crucial information on this forum. We wouldn't have been able to do it with you all  :D

Congratulations!!!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6231 on: April 29, 2019, 07:54:26 PM »

Congratulations!  :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #6232 on: May 06, 2019, 09:43:26 PM »
I know that the UK government says they aim to make a decision within 30 working days, but it seems like a lot of people posting here are getting their emails sooner than that. I also don't see others posting that they are getting an email after 30 days. I'm at WD 30 today and no word. Is it also possible that due to the complexity of the application (me/my son both applying, me supplying proof of savings for both of us since my wife the UK citizen doesn't have a job, we're all three living in the US) that our application would take longer? I know our applications are not "normal" for a lot of reasons and I sent in close to 500 pages of documentation, but will all this extend our review period?

I've also seen people on this thread saying they were going to "check on status", but who could I check with? The confirmation email I got 30 days ago said "don't call us, we'll call you" basically, and I don't remember seeing anywhere that I could check. The pay-to-email system is a joke from my experience and simply provides links to pages that people on this forum have already provided for free.

Thoughts? Or am I just going crazy with anxiety?
Married : 1/8/2003
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 12/3/2019
Biometrics appointment : 22/3/2019
Documents sent to NY : 22/3/2019
Docs received in Sheffield email : 26/3/2019
Decision made email: 17/6/2019
Visa Decision: YES

• Liked: 8
« Reply #6233 on: May 07, 2019, 10:14:26 AM »
I know that the UK government says they aim to make a decision within 30 working days, but it seems like a lot of people posting here are getting their emails sooner than that. I also don't see others posting that they are getting an email after 30 days. I'm at WD 30 today and no word. Is it also possible that due to the complexity of the application (me/my son both applying, me supplying proof of savings for both of us since my wife the UK citizen doesn't have a job, we're all three living in the US) that our application would take longer? I know our applications are not "normal" for a lot of reasons and I sent in close to 500 pages of documentation, but will all this extend our review period?

I've also seen people on this thread saying they were going to "check on status", but who could I check with? The confirmation email I got 30 days ago said "don't call us, we'll call you" basically, and I don't remember seeing anywhere that I could check. The pay-to-email system is a joke from my experience and simply provides links to pages that people on this forum have already provided for free.

Thoughts? Or am I just going crazy with anxiety?

By the sounds of it it is exactly as you say. Our application came back after 21 working days, but it was straightforward (about 50 pages, standard cat A income, one person, I live in my own home in the UK etc) so I would imagine a more complex application like yours would indeed take longer. That and the 30 day thing is a guideline if you pay for priority. If you look at the first post in this thread (outdated yes) you can see that there is a wide range for people to be accepted and have their decision come back.

You are just hitting the 30 day mark and that period had included three public holidays, which I assume you have taken in to consideration but still worth pointing out. I wouldn't panic just yet. Your application will come back soon enough and I'm sure it'll be a yes! So try to relax and find something to do to pass the time in the interim, if possible. I know it's stressful but it'll be over soon.

As for contact you are correct the paid service is laughable. Most people I see request using their local MP for more info but I'm guessing you don't have a local MP? In which case the automated service is the only option sadly...depends how desperate you are for some reassurance I guess.

Good luck!
Married : 11/3/2019
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 14/03/2019
Biometrics appointment : 21/03/2019
Documents sent to NY : 21/03/2019
Documemts received in NY : 25/03/2019
Docs received in Sheffield email : 27/03/2019
Decision made email: 18/04/2019
Visa Decision: 24/04/2019 (YES!)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6234 on: May 07, 2019, 12:06:13 PM »

Just to check as well, have you definitely omitted bank holidays like yesterday and the Easter 2 days in your count of working days?

I'm sure you have but just double checking before you go the route of approaching the local MP for help (which is more recommended) or paying yo contact UKVI (which is not so much recommended) so you have the correct timelines to avoid confusion
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #6235 on: May 07, 2019, 12:33:46 PM »
I had not included the holidays, so that makes sense to add a few. I wasn't sure of the UK holiday schedule but I can look into it and confirm how many days to add. Total oversight on my part on that.

And yes I wouldn't have a local MP, but if we're moving to locate in Scotland with my wife's uncle and stay with him (lifelong UK resident) could we contact the local MP for where he lives since they would be our local MP when we move? And if one does contact their MP, do they just say "hey, can you help speed things along with application number XXXXXXX?" or are they able to look into status and timeline as well as just leaning on the people making the decisions?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6236 on: May 07, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
I had not included the holidays, so that makes sense to add a few. I wasn't sure of the UK holiday schedule but I can look into it and confirm how many days to add. Total oversight on my part on that.

And yes I wouldn't have a local MP, but if we're moving to locate in Scotland with my wife's uncle and stay with him (lifelong UK resident) could we contact the local MP for where he lives since they would be our local MP when we move? And if one does contact their MP, do they just say "hey, can you help speed things along with application number XXXXXXX?" or are they able to look into status and timeline as well as just leaning on the people making the decisions?

Your milage will vary for MP's.  Too many people took the MP route and so now the MP is unable to "apply pressure" for applications. 

But if you've hit 30 days and don't have your "we have received your application and are preparing it for processing email" they may be able to confirm that it was received.  Unfortunately not much more than that until after 60 days (service standard) and then they can raise an inquiry into why it's taking longer.

Unfortunately as we approach the summer months, we usually see processing times slow late April/early May.  Priority will likely stretch to 9/10 weeks for processing and non-priority to 5/6 months.

« Reply #6237 on: May 07, 2019, 01:27:19 PM »
But if you've hit 30 days and don't have your "we have received your application and are preparing it for processing email" they may be able to confirm that it was received.  Unfortunately not much more than that until after 60 days (service standard) and then they can raise an inquiry into why it's taking longer.

I'm counting 30 WD from that email received. I got that 1 WD after my application was received by the NY scanning station which was 2 WD after biometrics. That seemed promising that they opened it that quickly, but with the complexity of my application and "summer slowdown" I now fear the 30 WD will drag on...

I was really hoping to be over there by June 1st as I have dogs to fly with and summer months are no good for them in airplanes.

« Reply #6238 on: May 07, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »
I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or not, but we're at 41 WD priority today (not counting holidays). I've seen a couple of similar timelines on Facebook groups. We gave in an emailed our MP on Friday to see if they could find out why ours is taking longer than most. Not sure if that was the right thing to do, but we feel like we're slowly going insane so we did.

• Liked: 17
« Reply #6239 on: May 07, 2019, 09:21:31 PM »
Jumping on here so I can follow timelines close to mine!  :D
I have applied using the priority service.

Married: 28/09/2018
Submitted online application: 16/04/2019
Biometrics: 29/04/2019
Documents sent to NY:30/04/2019
"Prepared for consideration by ECO" email received: 02/05/2019
Documents arrived in NY, refused and returned: 02/05/2019
Documents resent: 06/05/2019
Documents successfully delivered in NY: 07/05/2019

I definitely am confused about why I received the ECO email, considering my package was refused. However, I am just happy my package has actually been delivered, the countdown officially begins.
Married: 28/09/2018
Submitted online application: 16/04/2019
Biometrics: 29/04/2019
Documents sent to NY:30/04/2019
"Prepared for consideration by ECO" email received: 02/05/2019
Documents arrived in NY, refused and returned: 02/05/2019
Documents resent: 06/05/2019
Documents successfully delivered in NY: 07/05/2019
Requests for January payslip “due to scanning error” email: 03/06/2019
Payslip emailed: 03/06/2019
Decision made email: 05/06/2019
Passport received: TBD