Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Overstay?  (Read 599 times)

• Liked: 0
Overstay?
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:56:39 PM »
Awhile ago I reapplied for a work permit and was denied but then had it sent back to be appealed...which I had to withdraw because my employer didnt want to wait for the additional time it took to get their decision.
I just got my passport back today and theres no marks in my passport saying that it was in possession of the home office which makes me look like Ive been an overstay even though Ive just booked my flight tickets for friday and couldnt do so until I got my passport back.

Ive got the letter that says why it was refused but obviously it was sent back to the HO and then withdrawn again.

If I want to reenter the country again, which I will be doing cuz Im marrying my fiance how will they know that Im not an overstay?

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Overstay?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 04:43:47 PM »
It doesn't really matter...an overstay is not a bar to getting a fiancee visa.

Was there a cover letter sent with the passport?  This will do as evidence.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:09 PM »
Yes there was a cover letter from my solicitor stating that Id withdrawn my application and that I needed to leave the country.

Is that ok? Or does it need to be from the HO?

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »
Can I ask why your solicitor doesn't answer your questions?  Isn't that what he is being paid for?

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:06:07 PM »
I sent her an email a week ago asking her the same question and havent gotten a reply. I cant reach her by phone either. Shes very unreliable.

Sponsored Links