Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What do *I* write?  (Read 493 times)

• Liked: 18
What do *I* write?
« on: March 20, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »
Hello,

Sending off the application today I have all the stuff finally, and of course I procrastinated about writing my cover letter, Im not sure what to write..I dont know how much detail to go into, etc.

Should I just sort of go in the same line as the sponsors letter just from my POV? ie when we met how long weve known each other our intentions...do I tell them were staying wth his parents and are moving after we are married? I dont know how much they went in the cover letter.

Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: What do *I* write?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 03:44:33 PM »
List the documents you are enclosing, as it makes their lives easier.

You may also want to put an explanation of any previous refusal, or any complications to the application.

Victoria

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 03:54:50 PM »
I've drafted mine, and detailed the times I was in the UK, who/where we'd be staying, detailed that he and his mum had also written letters of support, and included a bulleted list at the bottom of what is enclosed (with spaces for how it's labeled in the binder.. yeah i'm organized  :-X).

I'm at a bit of a loss for what else to put, I've included a more "personal" note at the bottom saying that he's the love of my life and i'm excited about returning to the UK and that it's been a long time coming (us getting married) and that we plan on staying in the UK for as far in the future as we can see and so forth and so on... that's about 2 paragraphs.

My letter is just over 2 pages long including the bulleted list.

I'd welcome some advice for anything else as well - funny enough I can give him and his mum pointers on what to include in their letters, but I'm at a loss for everything I should include in mine!  Go figure!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 04:03:27 PM »
As I said, everything you need is detailed in the form and supporting documents - you simply don't need to write a big long letter.

Victoria

• Liked: 18
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 08:06:02 PM »
I kept mine to one page, explaining times wed seen each other, we are staying with his parents, where wed be living after we got married, I mentioned I had a son who was not traveling with me at this time, when my divorce would be final, I also put something about looking forward to starting our new life together, so hopefully that covered it..Im sure I put more in there I cant remember now.

I did a list that went on top of everything else, in a pronged portfolio so it wasnt falling all over, kept it in order of the list, and the passports in the pockets since theres no where else to put them ;) Hopefully that makes it easier on them.

Thanks everyone, its been sent off and now the wait begins!!
Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 08:21:29 PM »
VictoriaS is correct, they will barely glance at it anyway. Keep the letter to a list. Sometimes the more information you give the more confusing things can be, especially when the letter is to an official who hasnt requested that information nor needs it.

Sponsored Links