Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dual Citizenship  (Read 357 times)

• Liked: 0
Dual Citizenship
« on: March 20, 2006, 03:57:33 PM »
I know I ask TONS of questions, but I figured I'd start a seperate topic for this one.

My fiancee is a dual citizen of the UK and canada.  As we're settling in the UK, we're applying for a UK visa - but should I note on the application that he's also a Canadian citizen (he doesn't have a passport for Canada, just paperwork saying that he's Canadian)?

His mum is Canadian and is offering financial support in the "can't go anywhere else" option - do we need to photocopy her passport for this or does it matter? Obviously if we need to include her passport then it'd make sense that we'd need to say that he's Canadian (by birth)... i'm just not sure if this makes a huge difference.

My gut instinct is to say that he's also Canadian (tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth and such), but if anyone has advice or has been through a similar thing - marrying someone who is a dual citizen, advice would be welcomed!!!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Dual Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 04:04:35 PM »
He doesn't need to say that he is a Canadian citizen as well, and the nationality of his mum doesn't really matter either.  She won't need to provide proof of her nationality.

Victoria

• Liked: 0
Re: Dual Citizenship
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »
He doesn't need to say that he is a Canadian citizen as well, and the nationality of his mum doesn't really matter either.  She won't need to provide proof of her nationality.

Victoria

cool - I wanted to check in case not saying he was also Canadian would be something that could cause us to be denied. 

Thanks for the advice :)

Sponsored Links