Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: They may have lost my husband's birth certificate!  (Read 525 times)

• Liked: 0
They may have lost my husband's birth certificate!
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:19:39 PM »
Hi all,

On the tale of my excitement to get my Visa in hand, I have to report that I was quite disappointed when I looked through the documents the British Consulate had sent back, and did not find my husband's birth certificate. It was his original one!  I've put in a call and have heard that they are quite busy and might call us in a couple of days.  I sure hope they have not lost it.

Has anyone ever had this happen?  How did it turn out?

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: They may have lost my husband's birth certificate!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 08:21:02 PM »
His original birth certificate should be on file with the registry office.  If it goes missing, he can get another.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:15:02 PM »
You can always get another copy. It's not a huge deal -- but, I'll admit, an inconvenience. I didn't have a copy of my British birth certificate, but was able to get a copy. I can't remember who I contacted, but I did it from the US and it wasn't too complicated.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Banned

• Liked: 4

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 04:28:18 PM »
Thanks for the reassurances.  Hopefully we won't need it between now and when we move.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab