Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: fiance visa for the uk and visit to ireland  (Read 620 times)

• Liked: 0
fiance visa for the uk and visit to ireland
« on: May 27, 2006, 05:07:11 PM »
hello, i am in the UK on a fiance visa.  i have married my fiance but have not yet applied for the spouse "visa".  I would like to know if anyone knows if it would be a problem to visit ireland.  will i have trouble getting back into the UK since my passport has a fiance visa in it.  does it depend on which part of Ireland i am visiting. 

Thanks for your help

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: fiance visa for the uk and visit to ireland
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 05:12:31 PM »
Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom, so there is no problem visiting there on the visa that you have.

You should not leave the UK until you have switched to the spousal visa, so I would not recommend going over to the Republic of Ireland as you may have serious problems getting back in.

Vicky

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 05:32:15 PM »
thanks for your help victoria.

i would be going to the republic of ireland.  can i ask what major problems i could be facing.  deported back to the USA? etc  I am going for medical reasons so it is an important visit.  I am assuming the problem would only be when coming back into northern ireland if i was to drive to the republic of ireland.  or would they not let me into the republic of ireland at all.

thanks again

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 07:15:34 PM »
i would be going to the republic of ireland.  can i ask what major problems i could be facing.  deported back to the USA? etc  I am going for medical reasons so it is an important visit.  I am assuming the problem would only be when coming back into northern ireland if i was to drive to the republic of ireland.  or would they not let me into the republic of ireland at all.

Getting in to ROI is not a problem, Victoria is referring to the conditions of your visa which kick in after you are married - since you are no longer a fiance, entry on that visa exposes you to the so-called 'deception by silence', which is covered in the IDI's.  As to what happens, in the best case, they will ignore it; and in the worst case, they can make you apply for a spousal visa in your home country.  The worst case is highly improbable, but they have that option.  Things like this all depend on who you get.

So you would be advised to get your FLR before travelling.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 08:26:26 PM »
and in the worst case, they can make you apply for a spousal visa in your home country

That is a lot more bad then it sounds, you will be sent back to the USA, on your own dime, have to apply in the USA, which will likely be delayed 3-4 weeks while they get the details of why you were denied entry to the UK and will probablly go through your FRL-M support stuff with a fine tooth comb.  Or something like that, right garry?
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 01:20:11 AM »
That is a lot more bad then it sounds, you will be sent back to the USA, on your own dime, have to apply in the USA, which will likely be delayed 3-4 weeks while they get the details of why you were denied entry to the UK and will probablly go through your FRL-M support stuff with a fine tooth comb.  Or something like that, right garry?

Yes, in the WORST case, they can make you reapply in your home country.  In the BEST case, they will ignore it. 

It would not normally take 3-4 weeks to sort it out, more normally a few days.  But having said that, they have 3 months if they take the notion...

Sponsored Links