Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) Extension Questions/Checklist  (Read 280 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR (M) Extension Questions/Checklist
« on: April 11, 2024, 07:41:57 PM »
Hi again!

It's hard to believe it's been over 2 1/2 years, time is buzzing by. My wife and I had a baby boy in 2022, new jobs, and a new city, it's been a crazy ride. You all were so wonderful in helping us last time, so I was hoping for a bit of assistance again.

Quick recap: I came over on a Fiance Visa issued on 16/07/21, married on 25/09/21, and applied for a Spouse/Partner Visa, which I got my BRP card on 08/12/21. So it expires on 08/06/2024. Figured I'd start collecting my documents now to be ready.

Documents Needed -

-Both of my passports (renewed my US one last year).
-Wife's passport
-Child's passport
-Marriage Cert
-6 Full months of payslips/bank statements (last time I just did 7 months for good measure).
-6 Items of correspondence -

This is as far as I got so far, had a few questions from here:

-Will the correspondence/proof of cohabitation apply from the moment I got my fiance visa or my BRP/marriage visa? And is it for every 4 months? And I can't use the same source more than two times correct? Also, the items have to be originals (though I believe apps are all online now, so I just scan them in?).

-Will I need our lease agreement? It's the same one as the last time we applied (hasn't been amended/same house). And will our landlord need to write/sign another paper agreeing for me to stay?

-Do we both need letters from our jobs/signatures?

-If I'm just using my wage to meet the minimum, will we also need bank statements for our joint account? The money is deposited into my personal Barclays, but wasn't sure as I transfer most of it to the joint account.

-Final question: With the new changes in April, will the minimum be £18.6 + £2.2? for a child to be applied still, or the £24k from April of this year?

Thanks again! :)

• Liked: 342
Re: FLR (M) Extension Questions/Checklist
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 12:26:31 PM »
-Final question: With the new changes in April, will the minimum be £18.6 + £2.2? for a child to be applied still, or the £24k from April of this year?

It became 29k from 11 April and nothing extra for foreign children, but as that only applies to new applicants for the Family visas, you are under the old rules. 18.6k for your renewal and nothing extra for your son as I assume he was born a British citizen.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 06:32:19 PM »
It became 29k from 11 April and nothing extra for foreign children, but as that only applies to new applicants for the Family visas, you are under the old rules. 18.6k for your renewal and nothing extra for your son as I assume he was born a British citizen.

Thank you, he is a British citizen, but I was under the impression I'd still be needing to pay the extra bit when you have a child?

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 06:36:20 PM »
Thank you, he is a British citizen, but I was under the impression I'd still be needing to pay the extra bit when you have a child?

No, the extra bit is only for children who are not UK citizens and need a visa to live in the UK... because non-British children are not entitled to public funds, and therefore a higher income requirement needs to be met.

However, as your child is British and entitled to public funds, they do not need to be included in the income calculation.

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 06:47:12 PM »
Documents Needed -

-Both of my passports (renewed my US one last year).
-Wife's passport
-Child's passport
-Marriage Cert
-6 Full months of payslips/bank statements (last time I just did 7 months for good measure).
-6 Items of correspondence -

You also need:
- your BRP card
- your tenancy agreement
- your latest council tax bill
- child's birth certificate
- a letter dated in the last 3 months confirming child's address

-Will the correspondence/proof of cohabitation apply from the moment I got my fiance visa or my BRP/marriage visa? And is it for every 4 months? And I can't use the same source more than two times correct? Also, the items have to be originals (though I believe apps are all online now, so I just scan them in?).

The correspondence for FLR(M) needs to cover a maximum of 2 years, and yes, it's every 4 months.

There's no limit to how many times you can use a source, however, you need at least 3 different sources in total... so if you are sending 7 joint documents you might use, say, 1 council tax bill, 1 electricity bill, and 5 bank statements, or maybe 2 council tax bills, 1 electricity bill and 4 bank statements.

If you will be applying in late May/early June, you will want mail from the following months:

May 2022
Sept 2022
Jan 2023
May 2023
Sept 2023
Jan 2024
May 2024

-Will I need our lease agreement? It's the same one as the last time we applied (hasn't been amended/same house). And will our landlord need to write/sign another paper agreeing for me to stay?

Yes, you need to include your tenancy agreement. If your name is still not listed on it, then you will also need to include another landlord letter confirming you have permission to live there.

-Do we both need letters from our jobs/signatures?

-If I'm just using my wage to meet the minimum, will we also need bank statements for our joint account? The money is deposited into my personal Barclays, but wasn't sure as I transfer most of it to the joint account.

No, if you are only using your income, then you do not need any of her bank statements, or joint account statements. You just need to provide statements for the account your payslips are deposited into. The only reason you are including bank statements at all is so they can check that your payslip was deposited into an account in your name.

So, you will need to provide:
- 7 months payslips
- 7 months of your personal Barclays statements, showing the deposit of every single payslip
- letter from your employer
- Optional but recommended: job contract and latest P60

As mentioned above, you only need to meet the £18,600 requirement as the new changes will not apply to you.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 07:51:33 PM »
The correspondence for FLR(M) needs to cover a maximum of 2 years, and yes, it's every 4 months.

There's no limit to how many times you can use a source, however, you need at least 3 different sources in total... so if you are sending 7 joint documents you might use, say, 1 council tax bill, 1 electricity bill, and 5 bank statements, or maybe 2 council tax bills, 1 electricity bill and 4 bank statements.

If you will be applying in late May/early June, you will want mail from the following months:

May 2022
Sept 2022
Jan 2023
May 2023
Sept 2023
Jan 2024
May 2024

Thanks for getting back to me, your input is always invaluable! Here's our current situation: we've got plenty of mail addressed to each of us individually at our shared address, but not much with both our names on it except for the Council Tax Bill. Our joint account is with Starling, but they don't do paper mail. We're trying to sort it out with them now. Similarly, our Virgin Media Bill has both our names, but it's paperless.

Do you think we're in a bind here? We did find one piece of mail from the national trust, but it doesn't address our first name, only last names. Should I draft a detailed letter explaining our situation, or should we hope to rely on these companies to provide a paper trail showing when our names were together?

-Edit 1

Does my wife need a letter confirming our marriage/visa like I had to do with my fiance visa? Do I need to scan every page of both her and our child's passports? Or just the main page?

-Edit 2

So we discovered that we can download certified PDF bank statements with Starling from their app. Would this suffice?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 08:04:56 PM by Morlu22 »

Sponsored Links