Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Changing address in the middle of applying for Spouse Visa?  (Read 228 times)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Changing address in the middle of applying for Spouse Visa?
« on: February 19, 2010, 01:04:33 AM »
Still don't know when I can apply for my visa, see my topic about the passports for the story.

IF I am able to apply next week... I'll be moving out of my home on Thursday and in with my dad until this visa mess is sorted out. If I apply while I still live in Illinois, is it a huge deal if I live in Indiana by the time the thing is actually issued, as long as my expeditor knows my new address? Is it something I'd just make a note of in the cover letter? I want to apply ASAP, and If I'm given the chance to apply while still in Illinois I'd rather change address half way through than wait another week to get this mess sorted out. Does that makes sense?
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Liked: 0
Re: Changing address in the middle of applying for Spouse Visa?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:25:28 AM »
Still don't know when I can apply for my visa, see my topic about the passports for the story.

IF I am able to apply next week... I'll be moving out of my home on Thursday and in with my dad until this visa mess is sorted out. If I apply while I still live in Illinois, is it a huge deal if I live in Indiana by the time the thing is actually issued, as long as my expeditor knows my new address? Is it something I'd just make a note of in the cover letter? I want to apply ASAP, and If I'm given the chance to apply while still in Illinois I'd rather change address half way through than wait another week to get this mess sorted out. Does that makes sense?

Take a deep breath :) It should not be a huge deal since you'll be applying with an expediter. My expediter called me by phone throughout the process and there shouldn't be any reason yours can't be in contact with you. I'd recommend that you call them ahead of giving them your application and informing them that you wish for your passport and other items to be mailed to a different address. Even write down the new address on a piece of paper and send it with your other items for the sake of your expediter having a written copy. Just so that you don't have to go through the trouble of reciting the address over the phone.

Honestly, your expediter will have to write your address down on the mail folder in order to send back your stuff. I'm sure as long as your expediter is literate (I imagine that is a requirement for the job!) they should have no problem sending your passport to a different address. Good luck Marlespo!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:28:52 AM by rynn_aka_rae »
09/29/09--Visa Approved!
10/05/09--Leave for the UK!!!
06/15/12--Back in the US indefinitely...

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 02:02:24 AM »
Ahhh.... assuming I'll get a literate expeditor... so many things have gone wrong up until this point that it feels like I'll be assigned a clever toad instead! Thanks for the reassurance...
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 02:07:01 AM »
When I sent in my paperwork to the expeditor, there was a section to put address that you wanted the visa mailed. I dont even think they looked at my address on my application. Im sure all expeditors are different but maybe the one you use has a similar form. Good luck!!! I know everything is going to work out for you and your family!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab