Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cheap flights to Glasgow????  (Read 848 times)

• Hiya
  • Liked: 1
Cheap flights to Glasgow????
« on: April 06, 2004, 09:33:18 AM »
I am trying to find some cheap flights to Glasgow for end of May through July time.  I don't need specific dates other than staying past middle of July so I can go to T in the Park possibly.  Since I live in the Midwest, most of the fantastic airfare deals don't apply to me.  If only I lived on the East Coast. :-/  

I've tried most of the major search engines, but the cheapest flights I'm finding are still about $900.  HELP!  After the price of my spring ticket, I just don't want to set us back that far again financially.  But if that's the only option we have, then I guess we're stuck getting me an expensive ticket again.

I'm looking to fly from Fort Wayne, but if I HAD to could fly from Chicago or Indianapolis.  Basically, depending on dates, I could fly from Fort Wayne for the same price as flying from Chicago and also save my parents a 3 hour drive each way to the airport.

Any ideas?  Most of the student tickets are already sold out, go figure.  American Airlines is the best I could find, Travelocity quoted $850 for that flight.

Thanks.

"I shall love you until death do us part and then we shall be together for ever and ever." Dylan Thomas

"I am still learning."  Michelangelo

Re: Cheap flights to Glasgow????
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 11:52:25 PM »
Being a student and near a university have you thought about going to the local travel agency?  Sometimes they offer cheaper flights.  In my case I was able to get a good fare with a consolidator. They often have flights that are 200 to 300 USD cheapers than going via those websites.  Just a thought.
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 07:45:31 AM »
Yeah I'll see if I can find a travel agent who offers student discounts.  Basically at the rate the tickets are going for, I don't think we'll be able to swing a visit for me this summer, but I don't want to think about that just now. :'(  I'll keep looking, surely there must be some cheaper flights somewhere. :-/

"I shall love you until death do us part and then we shall be together for ever and ever." Dylan Thomas

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 02:34:33 PM »
I found $776 for Milwaukee to Glasgow on traveljungle.us. Can you get to Chicago easily? If so you can get $639. I put in random dates of May 30-July 19. These prices include tax. Hope this helps!  ;D
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 02:35:49 PM »
Also, I think the good student travel agent is STA Travel. They have a website but I hear it's better to contact them via phone. I don't have the info but you can find them on the web! :)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 02:42:53 PM »
Oops! Me again, I didn't read your bit about Ft Wayne. Sorry! Hope it's the same price as Chicago!

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 07:03:17 PM »
Thanks for the tips!  I'll check out traveljungle later on today! ;D

Sponsored Links