Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Miles on Virgin Atlantic  (Read 874 times)

• Liked: 1
Miles on Virgin Atlantic
« on: May 11, 2004, 07:53:04 PM »
Anyone know offhand if i can transfer my Virgin miles to my UK fiancee's Virgin miles account?

It was his job to call and ask and of course, he forgot to.  Thought i'd check with those who know first.  :)

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: Miles on Virgin Atlantic
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 06:19:55 AM »
You cannot transfer miles (as in adding your miles to his so he has more miles to qualify for a free ticket), but you can add him to your account (so he can just use your miles for a free ticket).

From their Terms and conditions:
"You may not transfer or assign your membership to any other individual, trust or estate."

and

"Members may nominate one or more individuals as an "Authorised Account User". An Authorised Account User will be able to make bookings on the member's behalf and redeem miles from the member's account, for themselves, the member or a third party, without the need for confirmation from the Member. The member is deemed to consent to all bookings or redemptions made by the Authorised Account User."

but

"You can hold only one flying club account at any time. Miles cannot be transferred between flying club accounts."

and

"If more than one account number has been assigned to a member in error, the accounts will be combined and the miles transferred to the new single account, less any duplicated bonuses or miles from the same activity."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 06:26:03 AM by LisaE »
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 02:05:51 PM »
Thanks Lisa!!!!!!

Me thinks that may annoy my hubby to be but oh well.   ::)

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 09:35:34 AM »
I think BA allows for miles to be transfered between 'family accounts',, but I don't think their program is very good  :-\\\\

Amiloo, will they allow him to 'buy' miles to reach the amount he needs for a ticket? Sometimes it's worth it to do that, if you are just short.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 09:40:42 AM »
Virgin also has "miles + money" where you can use some miles to get a reduced fare.

We did that going to visit my mother last November and got 4 round trip tickets to Florida for about £800 + 8,000 miles.  Doing it again to send my oldest to visit his grandmother this summer.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 04:12:01 PM »
we'll look into the miles + money as i only had a bit to transfer to him anway!

Sponsored Links